The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1978 Good Game Thread

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
5/10/2018 10:55 am
Smirt211 wrote:

Wow, really, an entire writeup about our game - one in which you won? *stows this away*

Fair enough.

Sorry, wasn't trying to offend you but my team's sloppy play is going to come back and bite us if it keeps up. I watch this league's games after a 10+ hour shift at work and I get a little loopy and just start typing what I'm thinking sometimes.

If I didn't have a bunch of stuff keeping me busy this morning, I'd probably type another short story about how pathetic it is to only score 12 points when you win the turnover battle 5 to 1 and 2 or 3 of those turnovers are already in scoring territory.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
5/10/2018 11:00 am
GG Denver, your red zone defense was on it's game. I'm real glad I scrapped my 2 QB system, you probably get the win if I left Fluty in, he would likely have taken a sack or committed a turnover preventing 1 of my FG's from happening.

I'm happy to be 2-0 but this is a very shaky 2-0.

By AlexanDragon
5/10/2018 12:08 pm
Im surprised it was this close againt u greg . at the end of the day denver is still 0-2 but i'll get my share of W if my team plays like that! GG

By SunBlaze22
5/10/2018 2:37 pm
Good game Express, your running game was really killing my defense there.
Your team played great, it really was a tough battle till the end.

By eyeballll
5/10/2018 3:55 pm
Good game, JBill! You played the perfect road game, made it hard for me to move the ball, and you ran the ball very effectively... and I shot myself in the foot a few times, that didn't help... But I scared you at the end! My team has a flare for the dramatic...

By eyeballll
5/10/2018 3:59 pm
tribewriter wrote:
So I spent HOURS gameplanning for each of the NY Stars' last three games against Tampa Bay. All that work resulted in three losses (46-3, 47-37, 61-27). So, this time, I decided to go with a straight default gameplans. The result was another loss (55-19). Four losses, an average of 52 points given up in those games.

If anyone has any great ideas about what to do vs. the Bandits, please pass them on, for the good of the league.

I do need to be realistic in that many of the same players who were on the awful NY Stars three seasons ago (1-15) are still here. I have not fared well in free agency battles. So, this is still a rebuilding process. I do think that, overall, the Stars are in much better shape than when I took them over and I could feel better about handing them off to a new owner when I am needed elsewhere.

Here's what I would do: Wait until the last 5 minutes and beat them while they think they are going to win... BOOM.

And you're doing a great job with the the Stars, it always takes time to get a bad roster up to high standards. I've taken over a few projects, and it's fun, but even if you make the playoffs it's hard to overcome the really well developed rosters.

By mwd65
5/10/2018 5:25 pm
SunBlaze22 wrote:
Good game Express, your running game was really killing my defense there.
Your team played great, it really was a tough battle till the end.

Great job, SunBlaze!

That was a great game. That last INT was a heart breaker! I thought we were going to march to the endzone for the winner.

Good luck the rest of the season!

By Mcarovil
5/10/2018 7:39 pm
Ha. Can’t gameplan against luck! Starting the game off with 4 straight sacks was unexpected. Honestly this SIM has it out for the Stars from the get go.

tribewriter wrote:
So I spent HOURS gameplanning for each of the NY Stars' last three games against Tampa Bay. All that work resulted in three losses (46-3, 47-37, 61-27). So, this time, I decided to go with a straight default gameplans. The result was another loss (55-19). Four losses, an average of 52 points given up in those games.

If anyone has any great ideas about what to do vs. the Bandits, please pass them on, for the good of the league.

I do need to be realistic in that many of the same players who were on the awful NY Stars three seasons ago (1-15) are still here. I have not fared well in free agency battles. So, this is still a rebuilding process. I do think that, overall, the Stars are in much better shape than when I took them over and I could feel better about handing them off to a new owner when I am needed elsewhere.

By Mcarovil
5/10/2018 7:40 pm
That still hurts. Sniff sniff.
eyeballll wrote:
tribewriter wrote:

Here's what I would do: Wait until the last 5 minutes and beat them while they think they are going to win... BOOM.

And you're doing a great job with the the Stars, it always takes time to get a bad roster up to high standards. I've taken over a few projects, and it's fun, but even if you make the playoffs it's hard to overcome the really well developed rosters.

By Hellbringer
5/11/2018 6:30 am
GG, hang in there, it's early yet.