The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1978 Good Game Thread

By Kababmaster
5/05/2018 10:22 am
GG pernbronze.

By Pernbronze
5/08/2018 1:50 am
GG Thunderbolts my team had one **** of a meltdown.

By Booger926
5/08/2018 4:34 am
Good Game Sun

By tribewriter
5/08/2018 5:09 am
Good game Birmingham. Seeing my team fumble on the 1-yard line and then your team drive 99 yards for a TD ... I may never recover from that.

By Kababmaster
5/08/2018 5:21 am
GG tribewriter.

tribewriter wrote:
Good game Birmingham. Seeing my team fumble on the 1-yard line and then your team drive 99 yards for a TD ... I may never recover from that.

Yeah...that was certainly a huge swing.

By Hellbringer
5/08/2018 6:27 am
GG Blitz, can't win with 5 turnovers

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
5/08/2018 8:08 am
GG Arizona, your big plays kept you in the game and you probably would have won if games were 63 minutes long. The more seasons change, the more some things stay the same. Back when I did players of the week, I kept seeing KO return TD's for Curtis Scott, and after I went up 13-0, Scott pops one to make it 13-7.

The next series, Fluty throws a pick deep in our own end (another thing that's stayed the same smdh) and it's soon 14-13 Arizona even though I was dominating stats at that point.

I'm just ranting from this point on lol, despite the win my team continues to do things that make me yell at the screen.

More deja vu moments...have 2nd and long thanks to a holding penalty, complete a pass to make it 3rd and inches, then throw an incomplete pass then punt. I actually called out an incomplete 3rd down pass out loud right before the play ran because I have seen it over and over. I can't see the measurements when it's close to the marker and I said to no one in particular, "let me f$%^&(g guess, it will be 3rd and inches and I'll throw an incomplete pass and punt".

There were likely a few more F bombs in there, as I am from Ohio and we are the state with the foulest language. https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2013/12/congratulations-ohio-you-are-the-sweariest-state-in-the-union/281988/

Generals red zone inefficiency...I need to address this in my rules if I get time but I am sick and tired of kicking FG's so often. At least I have a kicker with some kick strength to make some longer attempts and cut through the swirling winds in our home stadium. Lopez, my former PK, had better kick accuracy than Dustin Henry but he struggled with FG's over 40 yards.

Generals allowed 5 sacks after allowing 100 the last 2 seasons combined. Sacks have derailed just as many Generals drives as penalties have, if not more. The stink of Dave Lapham must still hang in the locker room. The human turnstile may be a NY Star now but my OL is still leaky way too often.

I know I'm complaining an awful lot for someone who got a W, but this game really should not have been this close.
Last edited at 5/08/2018 8:14 am

By trslick
5/08/2018 11:12 am
GG Express

By SunBlaze22
5/08/2018 2:42 pm
Good Game Hornets

By jabillups85
5/08/2018 2:45 pm