The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Where do we draw the line on position switching???

By Smirt211
8/12/2020 11:25 am
I don't see the issue.

Rewind to post v4.2 changes to the sim. Offense was put to an end. 20% ended in long passing, pretty much except for as we were able to discern....3 plays or so with outlets from out of the backfield. That leaves 40% running and 40% passing in short and medium available. Running will only get you so far and the sim is designed for long drives resulting in eventual fumbles or settled FGs. Thus, you have to figure a way to move the ball and not just JOB to 50/50 WWE style booking in the hands of the sim.

If one plays it exactly like it's intent ...we'd all be at .500 with no one separating from the pack.

By jayusmc84
8/12/2020 11:31 am
I know you don't see the issue Smirt. Whether you see it or not, it's there.
Last edited at 8/12/2020 11:35 am

By Smirt211
8/12/2020 11:35 am
It's when someone is successful they get targeted and this thread left me open to a floodgate and should be locked, IMO.

Punt Blocking is an exploit - agreed there.

Back end CBs #5 and #6 being WRs to halt HB Flare Pounding from leading to a loss vs. a 50-60 speed CB being in that spot getting toasted because GDB fires 10 Flares in a row at me = not an exploit. If I was using the WRs in prominent CB roles, yes but I also think I'd get torched and lose with head on a swivel conga line touchdowns.
Last edited at 8/12/2020 11:35 am

By jayusmc84
8/12/2020 11:38 am
Smirt you are successful, I don't think you need to resort to all this playing out of postion nonsense. I think you would be undeafted playing fairly.

I'm not targeting you, I am having a civil discussion. If you feel targeted that's on you, check your feelings. I have no hate towards you whatsoever.
Last edited at 8/12/2020 11:40 am

By Smirt211
8/12/2020 11:40 am
Thank you.

Next season I'll follow to a T ...the offense on offense and defense on defense rule. I adjust when I have to because then everyone else has to adjust so it equalizes with no threat level on the other side ...GM competing wise.

By CrazyRazor
8/12/2020 6:21 pm
Running 10 HB Flares in a row is an exploit. It's just not one that we can control. The play overuse penalty is a joke & a tragedy combined. It needs fluidity for all plays in my personal opinion.

By Infinity on Trial
8/13/2020 12:37 pm
I will never understand why people are up in arms about using a CB at RB.

I also will never understand why extensive use of a WR to gain INTs wasn't the most concerning exploit — and I say that having more respect for smirt than just about anybody else in this game.

Best of luck to everybody moving forward.

By Smirt211
8/13/2020 12:55 pm
I don't even look at the WR @ CB in that way. Some of it is I love to stat collect for my stars. Therefore, if I have a 95/95 speed WR type I want to catch him on the back end of the CB rotation at CB #5 or #6 to slip in for end game interceptions or to sneak in for a Pick 6 to add to his resume. (i.e. Curtis Pryor in CJ's World League)

Also, I've been trying and I don't think I've ever gotten it yet ....to get a player on Player of the Week thrice....3 times. 2x for offense (possible, done it countless times) and then as a defensive/utility placement via Pick 6s or something insane defensively. I look at it as battling the sim and attempting to push stat boundaries.

I'd say the majority of my WR based interceptions are at the end of the game/later stages scenario with the score decided.

However, when the rule is made I adjust and slot out the 1 or 2 back end WRs out of the equation. In this case, maybe I'll determine a WR will be CB moving forward. I don't know without looking.

Update: Dorey, CB #6 looks to be my only WR situation and he'll be WR based obviously....in this league.
Last edited at 8/13/2020 12:58 pm

By Infinity on Trial
8/13/2020 1:01 pm
I get what you're saying, but it still seems deceptive to me when a WR is pacing the league in INTs. And you've proven you can win without it. So many of these tensions would be easily resolved with a normalizing of speed by JDB. I've given up on that ever happening.

A better "exploit" for shutting down the flares may be the dime blitz. I don't have the gall to put a WR at the DE spot that drops to the strong side zone, but I suspect it would be highly effective.

To Fred's point in another thread, an underlying issue is probably your heavy reliance on top players. I would propose that someone who only brings 51 players to camp deserves to be punished with injuries for poor roster management, for instance.

By Smirt211
8/13/2020 1:13 pm
I work within the guidelines of the game.

I let that conversation drop because I didn't want to combat with things that I do to refute it, therefore, I let the thread end there.

It's been awhile since I've commented on end game injuries derailing me. I've been clicking/navigating around injury pop ups best I can.

Just recently I had a streak of each league's title game as it came and went....I made 9 in a row so I'm maintaining.

It's tricky. The star players (elite rated) are what win the sim engine over, therefore, you need them in there but you can't run them into the ground either. It's pretty obvious I split the f*** out of my carries and duties I can on offense to stave off heavy in-game over-use where the sim engine is alerted and can begin to target the player.

It's tricky but sure if JDB came out or it became definitive I had to have 53 players locked in...I'd min contract to hit that level and play the same way.