The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Where do we draw the line on position switching???

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
8/11/2020 5:56 am
I'm in the middle of finishing the blog when I came across a CB who had a big rushing game. It's the first I noticed, but he's been used in 3 games and has a very high yards per carry, and if given full time carries, would obliterate the single season rushing record.

Where do I draw the line for out of position players???

PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL when commenting

Re: Where do we draw the line on position switching???

By Smirt211
8/11/2020 6:28 am
Yeah, but he won't and I get harassed.

It was 1 game. He'll average 4-5 YPC and there's various reasons why a DB/CB won't mass produce stats. I've never done it.

He'll just inject speed and be an ingredient in my offense. CBs lack ball carry and burst through a hole but then peter out is 1 thing. Also I believe there's triggers within the sim engine which will prevent him from seeing the rock steadily plus I don't have him set up for that way.

Also, he lacks the receiver set so I'm taking that disadvantage with the good.

1 big game and I get harassed.
Last edited at 8/11/2020 6:29 am

By setherick
8/11/2020 6:31 am
I agree with Smirt. CBs at RB are usually 1 trick ponies. Lots of speed and nothing else. 72 of his 288 running yards have come in one play, and I assume that Smirt is playing teams that aren't game planning for a balanced offense considering the points he's putting up per game.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
8/11/2020 6:32 am
Nobody is harassing you, I'm just asking a question of the league.

By Smirt211
8/11/2020 6:37 am
Look at the way it's positioned. It's setting the tone of guiding the conversation in one direction, which is where most of this stuff goes: witch hunt.

I'm defending myself and Seth backed it up because this very thing was kicked around recently.

It's just a chess piece for a speed injection. I don't have much speed to work with and it has limitations. This isn't Smirt found how to pinball 100 points a game and 191 lb. zoooming down the field non-stop. I promise...!!!!!!

By trslick
8/11/2020 12:21 pm
Hey Smirt old friend, you win handely without the extra chess piece and I don't want to step on
anyones boys! I would like to see offense play offense and defense play defense, only because
I'm old and its what I want!

By Smirt211
8/11/2020 1:12 pm
Hey Slick!

BDK had me adjust out of the CBs at WR in his 2 leagues and I held serve in not falling off. Barring ridiculous Paydirt positional restrictions from small pond peeps being afraid - I'm ok with fair rules to be implemented next season that we know about from way out so we can adjust. One caveat is this league is very aged in players + sparse FA. Last FA legitimately had 1!!!!!!! playmaker whom one could slot in as a chess piece to win.

Something along the lines of a) no WR at CB is allowed is fine. I can then make a declaration, right on which side of the ball my WR or CB slots? I'm pretty sure JDB is shutting down or will very soon as I saw his post....WRs having a CB position listing.

b) no CBs at RB or on offense etc....is a bit tricky but if it's what people want....ok. You're going to see a slew of 70 speed WRs at RB or other tactics to fill the slot but it'll definitely tamp down speed. Moving the ball will be very difficult vs. fierce defenses because the 70 speed will leave you stuck in the mud.

I'm a fair person. I'll adjust. But if we go position by position and make deep restrictions on each one....I'm out.

I need to use some of my concepts or it becomes roster only.

By Dogboyuk75
8/11/2020 1:29 pm
im in favour of players just playing their listed position,got no issues if its allowed and guys finding best way to beat sim engine which we all know is speed.but to me this is bit cheesy.like smirt said and seth had last year,any restrictions should be brought in off season but to me this is purely a way to manipulate the sim engine.
fair play to these guys coming up with these creative ideas but just feels wrong to me

By Smirt211
8/11/2020 1:33 pm
Unfortunately, there's levels and tiers. If one gets to the Divisional playoff round stage but even more so the Conference Round Stage....what you'll encounter on the other side of the GM ball is someone whom is deploying anything and everything they can think of. Title Game, too but there's an air of mystery to that stage; it plays a bit wild and free.

Section off Divisional and especially Conference Final rounds. You really need to have deep strat based ideas to survive your opposing GM. If you don't power up, the guy next to you will and win....

By jayusmc84
8/11/2020 2:09 pm
I am also in favor of offense playing on offense and defense playing on defense. I also think that players should stay in their positions, unless injury justifies a move.
Last edited at 8/11/2020 6:06 pm