The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Where do we draw the line on position switching???

By CrazyRazor
8/11/2020 4:22 pm
Ran into this against another GM in Champions League. I'm not impressed in the slightest.

By Smirt211
8/11/2020 4:37 pm
You played my buddy 2 games ago so I wouldn't be surprised if it was him.

I really don't see the issue. I better not name a play, though I have one in mind but lets say the opposing GM has a super charged, laser beamed destroying blitz which pulverizes your 75 speed rusher on sight at -5 yard clips on Shotgun Sweeps or HB Sweeps to toss 2 runs out there.

What's wrong with trying to survive not getting nailed with that? I look at my chess board and my WR #1 needs to stay there and I've got an 85 speed RB/WR but that's not difference making to elude it. All other options are sub 80 speed per se.

I ain't gonna say 'take me baby!'

-10 me!

That's when you pull from a 90+ avoid fumble, 94+ type speed DB comes into play. Just a tossed out example....

My RB #3 is a 71 speed, high acceleration guy. I'd never let that guy go out into the front line for a behind the LOS mashing/losing move.
Last edited at 8/11/2020 4:41 pm

By CrazyRazor
8/11/2020 4:42 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
You played my buddy 2 games ago so I wouldn't be surprised if it was him.

I really don't see the issue. I better not name a play, though I have one in mind but lets say the opposing GM has a super charged, laser beamed destroying blitz which pulverizes your 75 speed rusher on sight at -5 yard clips on Shotgun Sweeps or HB Sweeps to toss 2 runs out there.

What's wrong with trying to survive not getting nailed with that? I look at my chess board and my WR #1 needs to stay there and I've got an 85 speed RB/WR but that's not difference making to elude it. All other options are sub 80 speed per se.

I ain't gonna say 'take me baby!'

-10 me!

That's when you pull from a 90+ avoid fumble, 94+ type speed DB comes into play. Just a tossed out example....

There isn't a scenario in this game that justifies switching players to the degree of playing offense on defense & defense on offense.

You have your opinion. I have mine.

By Smirt211
8/11/2020 4:45 pm
I calloused over the years. Ima do everything I can to avoid (...you know who...) hitting the board telling me how he beat me. That's my motivation in putting together my strategies.

Then I think what will someone like that come with and I do what I can to not lose out.

By Dash
8/11/2020 4:45 pm
I'm just gonna reiterate the same thing..Playing out of position is one thing, we all have done it. but offense on defense and defense on Offense is extreme and i'm with majority here. It just rubs me the wrong way and takes a lot of the realism out of it.

By Smirt211
8/11/2020 4:48 pm
I reiterate something, though: there was 1 play maker available in free agency for 32 teams.

That's not even me joking, lying or embellishing. That's me calling it legit.

By TimReeseJr
8/11/2020 5:37 pm
I usually keep quiet about controversies like this. But in my honest opinion, it is super rare for a player in the NFL to play both sides of the ball. Aside from that, when you move a corner to RB in this game, you aren't gaming against the GM, you are taking advantage of the sim, which likely never accounted for a switch like that. I mean if you are playing someone with a Fut score of 41 at RB and getting 10 yards a carry, it just looks like an exploit. If an owner played a guy of 41 at RB and lost every game, I am sure he wouldn't last long in many leagues. I don't see this as being any different.

By TimReeseJr
8/11/2020 5:45 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
I reiterate something, though: there was 1 play maker available in free agency for 32 teams.

That's not even me joking, lying or embellishing. That's me calling it legit.

I believe 31 other teams had the same FA as you. Unless I am wrong about that. The sad part is, you don't need to do this. You are too tough of an owner to have to resort to this.

By setherick
8/11/2020 6:22 pm
jayusmc84 wrote:
I am also in favor of offense playing on offense and defense playing on defense. I also think that players should stay in their positions, unless injury justifies a move.

I suggested this as a way of ending the McKeon controversy. But I'm quite happy finding all of the 89 AC, 79 SP 237# LBs out there.

By Smirt211
8/11/2020 6:59 pm
If an owner played a guy of 41 at RB and lost every game, I am sure he wouldn't last long in many leagues.

If I wasn't successful as an owner, no one would care. This is getting highlighted and discussed based off 1 game, which won't be replicated and because well, f***, Smirt pulled it off.

More so into what I was saying about free agency, tied in with shutting off/restricting speed attempts to adjust off of it....the game scores based on the sim engine are going to be very low and it's going to get very boring; especially if we go extremely deeply on restricting.

Dorey, Kerr and Perry are my only legitimate ways of moving the ball via a speed threat and that doubles back to the league aging, age 30 age outs which should be 31 years old here and an astonishing FA where 1 guy was available which as much as you want to push back on how we all were in the same boat...

it still was 1 freaking player.....

I took 2 major age 30 speed hits and cycled them down and another in Rogers whom I cycled to irrelevant and not on defense any more but no one cares about that.

I got to hear about this.

Thanks, Greg.

Last edited at 8/11/2020 7:11 pm