The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Where do we draw the line on position switching???

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
8/11/2020 7:11 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
If an owner played a guy of 41 at RB and lost every game, I am sure he wouldn't last long in many leagues.

If I wasn't successful as an owner, no one would care. This is getting highlighted and discussed based off 1 game, which won't be replicated and because well, f***, Smirt pulled it off.

More so into what I was saying about free agency, tied in with shutting off/restricting speed attempts to adjust off of it....the game scores based on the sim engine are going to be very low and it's going to get very boring; especially if we go extremely deeply on restricting.

Dorey, Kerr and Perry are my only legitimate ways of moving the ball via a speed threat and that doubles back to the league aging, age 30 age outs which should be 31 years old here and an astonishing FA where 1 guy was available which as much as you want to push back on how we all were in the same boat...

it still was 1 freaking player.....

I go through every box score for the blog, so I would have found a CB rushing for 150 yards no matter who used him.

By Smirt211
8/11/2020 7:19 pm
Which is legal and explained in the thread. Institute the rules for next season. I'll comply, but I'll always remember this thread when I see raidergreg as an opponent moving forward.

8/11/2020 7:21 pm
Do what you want, irdgaf anymore. It's obvious winning at any cost is of the utmost importance. In fact, everyone might as well go ahead and block punts while we're at it. I'm not going to do anything about it.

By Smirt211
8/11/2020 7:26 pm
But what does this do? It allows me a 95 speed player to be at RB instead of 71 type speeds where you lose but if you look at his career stats he sits at 4-5 ypc and it has been discussed in detail how these players burst and then slow down to be tackled. He's just there to apply pressure and to not be a sitting duck for the opposing team to will over my offense.

He's not going to take over the sim. He's going to drop passes and the sim engine itself may even restrict his usage. I think there's something within the structure that'll rein him in and the opportunities. I split my carries, too, which most people know. Not like I'm wailing away with him ...rush after rush.

8/11/2020 7:36 pm
Like I said, do what you want. I am so sick and tired of arguing with people about a free game that has no prizes for winning a championship. Every time I suggest something, someone wants to **** all over me because of whatever, and I'm not putting up with it any more. So seriously, do anything you want.

By jayusmc84
8/11/2020 8:12 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
Which is legal and explained in the thread. Institute the rules for next season. I'll comply, but I'll always remember this thread when I see raidergreg as an opponent moving forward.

What does that even mean? Are you bullying someone because they are enforcing rules to keep the game fair? If you don't like his rules leave!

By Smirt211
8/12/2020 5:21 am
No, Greg and I are fine. It's push back and that I'm not just going to take things lying down. Elsewhere, I boosted him up and gave him support in a title game - to equal things off.

Think of it like Michael Jordan finding nuggets for motivation.
Last edited at 8/12/2020 5:22 am

By jayusmc84
8/12/2020 9:29 am
Ok so if you won't take it lying down, why should the rest of us? The rule is being written because of you. I can't speak for everyone but I want fair play, I don't want to have to worry about someone using exploits.
Last edited at 8/12/2020 9:31 am

By Smirt211
8/12/2020 10:58 am
It's not an exploit.

Detailed deeply throughout the thread. Exactly why a thread like this being created is problematic. It entices people coming to look for their pound of flesh for no particular reason but to just target a person.

By jayusmc84
8/12/2020 11:21 am
Smirt you do this in all of your league's man. You get called out, try to defend yourself but the rest of us see it, It’s a speed exploit. You know **** well that in the NFL or any professional sport a 130 pound CB is not going to be running the ball on offense. Your taking advanced of the sim, plan and simple. I'm done with it, I guess fair play is to much to ask for.