The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: McKeon, Sacks, 212 Passes, and the 46

By Infinity on Trial
6/23/2020 9:29 am
JDB put a lot of effort into making the game worse, and the harsh reaction took the wind out from under him. If you look at what's happening in the beta league, he is mostly continuing this path. Coverage is tighter, the difference between 0 and 100 speed was limited to the point that everyone on the field basically plays at the same speed (thanks, Ray), and he can't figure out how to stop punt blocks.

The financial reality is that this game, though ads or pay-to-play, is never going to make enough money to allow him to give it the attention it needs.

By setherick
6/23/2020 9:35 am
Can we lock this thread?

I meant it as an actual discussion about how to slow down McKeon and the 46 Heavy. And it's turned into complaining about the game, comments about why players are better winning LCs using a simplified playbook and not game planning, and other random gibberish.

I'll save actual hardcore statistical analysis discussions for the main forums from now on.

By Infinity on Trial
6/23/2020 9:43 am
To that point, I would encourage teams to:

review Portland's loss to Denver
look at which plays are most vulnerable to sacks
embrace the run
consider the value of acceleration for OL
use at least 30 plays in your offensive playbook
Last edited at 6/23/2020 9:44 am

By setherick
6/23/2020 9:57 am
And don't call the 3-4 Cover 1 against the 212.

By Cjfred68
6/23/2020 12:17 pm
quick question....how many times a game are you calling the 46 heavy 2 man under defense?

A quick look shows me 40+ the last game and 30+ the previous game

Seth quote

"It's fine. I'm moving McKeon to DE to end all this childish BS about defense being an exploit because I can't run my Hitch and RB swing passes play 10 times a game for 400 yards."

Yet its OK to run the same defensive play 47 times in a game without overuse penalties. At one point last game you ran the same defense 20 times in a row.

Seth quote

"And since most other players don't defensive game plan, they can run off a lot of easy LCs with the right players."

Using a play 75%-80% of the time isn't so much a defensive game plan as much as taking advantage of a loophole. Its the defensive equivalent of the hitch but without a limit for usage.

Congratulations on finding a great defensive play that works but to call what you do gameplanning is ridulous. The 46 Heavy 2 man under is your gameplan.

I'm not opposed to you using it, in fact please do. I'm pulling for you to get the 1 seed so I can easily beat you in the playoffs
Last edited at 6/23/2020 12:48 pm

By hollyhh2000
6/23/2020 12:59 pm
the defensive gameplan is dictated by the offense as you react to the offense. so a lot of blame, if a defensive play is called too often by the defense should go to the opposing offense

By Cjfred68
6/23/2020 1:05 pm
hollyhh2000 wrote:
the defensive gameplan is dictated by the offense as you react to the offense. so a lot of blame, if a defensive play is called too often by the defense should go to the opposing offense

Sure OK....goto your gameplan and pull up defensive plays...set the games to 8....and sort by times called....what defensive play have you called the most? How many times?

He has only owned the play for 8 games and its been called 240 times

By Cjfred68
6/23/2020 1:10 pm
We all gave to set plays for offense and defense so we dont call the same play over and over....once you start calling the same play too many times...an overuse penalty should kick in.

If that wasn't the case then everyone would call the FL Hitch all game and take his chances or simply call his best inside run, outside run, short pass, medium pass and long pass having 5 plays selected.

Defense is a little more forgiving but averaging calling a play 30 times a game is beyond overuse. The overuse system was put in place for this exact reason.

By Infinity on Trial
6/23/2020 1:14 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:
We all gave to set plays for offense and defense so we dont call the same play over and over....once you start calling the same play too many times...an overuse penalty should kick in.

If that wasn't the case then everyone would call the FL Hitch all game and take his chances or simply call his best inside run, outside run, short pass, medium pass and long pass having 5 plays selected.

Defense is a little more forgiving but averaging calling a play 30 times a game is beyond overuse. The overuse system was put in place for this exact reason.

Actually, it was put in place because I ran the post flags on every first down and put up insane numbers. Defensively, the idea was to get people (like me) to stop blitzing every single down. As such, there is no penalty for a four man rush.

That's why you are able to run the Man Cover 1 and Shallow Zone Deep 10-15 times per game.

For the record, I run the 46 Heavy 7.8 times per game in this league, which seems too low. I should revisit my rules. As mentioned above, opponent playcalling dictates a lot of the defensive calls.

By Cjfred68
6/23/2020 1:24 pm
I know what he is doing...setting a rule to call this specific play when the offense is in a certain formation.

I personally don't have a problem with it because I can use it against him if he doesn't change it.

Its frustrating watching everyone hit there head against the same wall over and over again but I only control my team.

To me its a blip on the radar, eventually everyone will adapt and replicating this defense is contingent on having a linebacker with maxed out speed at 237 pounds and comparable acceleration. He keeps saying switching him to defensive end won't change anything but he will gain weight and slow down.

We don't have to make a rule for this, just change your offense when you play him...the punt block exploit showed how speed controls the game...this is just the next evolution of that....I saw this coming months ago and even experimented with it in meaningless games. I had success with RB and WR playing DT and DE based solely on speed.

This game is a chess match and everyone needs to counter what Seth is doing.