The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: McKeon, Sacks, 212 Passes, and the 46

By Cjfred68
6/22/2020 11:52 am
Just like punt blocks, sacks come from speed directly on the defensive front. Speed and acceleration trump offensive linemen with even 100 pass block because they don't react quick enough....any pressure from the 2nd level of the defense and the offensive lineman have time to engage them.

The mechanics for pass blocking is obviously broken..58 sacks in a partial season is seriously out of whack with what this simulation is suppose to be.

It would be one thing if this was a great defensive call versus the offense but if you watch the video from the last game....the Blitzer "McKeon" blows right past a 94 pass blocking RG with no interference from another defensive player....In fact the RT should and could help since he isn't engaged with anyone but both the RG and RT spin 180 degrees after the snap and never fully engage the speedy quick linebacker. If the RG doesn't spin and engages the LB...he only needs to hold him for 1 or 2 Mississippis to allow the QB time to throw.

This is just an off shoot of the punt block...I experimented with RBs and WRs playing the front four on defense in a couple meaningless games months ago....they all had success getting to the QB.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
6/23/2020 8:14 am
If anyone has a fair way to mitigate this, I'm all ears. The out of position post was going nowhere, and it seemed every post had a different opinion.

By Infinity on Trial
6/23/2020 8:21 am
raidergreg69 wrote:
If anyone has a fair way to mitigate this, I'm all ears. The out of position post was going nowhere, and it seemed every post had a different opinion.

Part of the problem was saying, "these sacks are out of hand, so let's make it illegal to play a TE at fullback. Who's with me?"

If the question is who supports a min weight for players on the DL, you might get 2:1 support.

Or better yet, poll it this way:

A) No weight limit
B) Min 270 pounds
C) Min 237 pounds

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
6/23/2020 8:31 am
It shouldn't be up to me to word questions carefully, it should be up to JDB to fix all this stupid **** about this game. Even if I "correctly" ask the question and McKeon stops killing QBs, some other exploit/angle will be found that gets everyone upset. Then I'll have to word another question correctly to fix that freaking issue.

By setherick
6/23/2020 8:33 am
raidergreg69 wrote:
It shouldn't be up to me to word questions carefully, it should be up to JDB to fix all this stupid **** about this game. Even if I "correctly" ask the question and McKeon stops killing QBs, some other exploit/angle will be found that gets everyone upset. Then I'll have to word another question correctly to fix that freaking issue.

It's fine. I'm moving McKeon to DE to end all this childish BS about defense being an exploit because I can't run my Hitch and RB swing passes play 10 times a game for 400 yards.

It's going to take him the rest of the season and into next season to get up to weight.

By Infinity on Trial
6/23/2020 8:38 am
setherick wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:

It's fine. I'm moving McKeon to DE to end all this childish BS about defense being an exploit because I can't run my Hitch and RB swing passes play 10 times a game for 400 yards.

It's going to take him the rest of the season and into next season to get up to weight.

I would prefer you keep him at LB in the interest of figuring out how to mitigate it. And because a 3-4 with an elite pass rusher seems fair to me.

By Infinity on Trial
6/23/2020 8:39 am
raidergreg69 wrote:

Most of us agree that JDB's priorities when working on code have been problematic. But you literally just said, "If anyone has a fair way to mitigate this, I'm all ears."

By setherick
6/23/2020 8:42 am
Infinity on Trial wrote:
setherick wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:

I would prefer you keep him at LB in the interest of figuring out how to mitigate it. And because a 3-4 with an elite pass rusher seems fair to me.

Mitigating, heck even neutralizing it, is pretty easy. It's actually ridiculously easy. The problem is that most people set their game plan based on the offensive plays that work against standard, non-overridden defenses. And since most other players don't defensive game plan, they can run off a lot of easy LCs with the right players.

By Hellbringer
6/23/2020 8:59 am
It's not Seth's fault the game is broken. Yet we haven't seen an update in a long time. What's up with that?

By setherick
6/23/2020 9:02 am
Hellbringer wrote:
It's not Seth's fault the game is broken. Yet we haven't seen an update in a long time. What's up with that?

The public story: JDB's been busy and hasn't had time to prioritize it. (Which given his day job and location during quarantine this makes perfect sense.)

The "hard" factor: There are a number of fundamental problems with the game engine that need to be completely re-written and not just bandaged over.