The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

PUNT BLOCK EXPLOIT BANNED

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
4/13/2020 3:46 am
I still don't want to deal with punt blocks but either way I go, we'll lose people. If we have to lose people, I would rather say good bye to those who choose to use an unpopular exploit just to win games in an ultimately meaningless football simulation than say good bye to people who just want to have a fun, somewhat fairer game.

THIS IS EFFECTIVE NOW

Starting with the games in Week 11 early Wednesday morning, the punt block exploit is banned. No RB, WR, or DB is allowed on the front 4 on punt returns

Why no debate?

I've seen debates in other leagues and the main forums, discussion gets nowhere except to get people all worked up.

Why change your mind?

Because I can and banning this is ultimately the best thing to do if I don't want to deal with it. Someone does it, I click a button and they're gone, problem solved.

The Name and Shame would still allow it to continue, meaning it's something that will linger, meaning I have to deal with it longer. I need to nip this in the bud now.

What if someone blocks a punt legitimately?

Good for them. The ban is on the skinny, fast, out of position guys that would never line up there in real life.

Will you remove owners after a first offense?

It depends. Probably not if the violation occurs Week 11, because perhaps they didn't get the memo. I do plan on sending out 31 PM's later regarding this, so everyone should know what's up.

Week 12 and beyond, most likely yes.

Please don't test me on this. I'm hoping for full, voluntary cooperation on this issue. I will check all 16 game logs for Week 11.

Re: PUNT BLOCK EXPLOIT BANNED

4/13/2020 3:50 am
If I find someone doing it Week 11, I'll send a PM asking them to stop. If they do it again, they will be removed without warning.

Week 12 will be handled the same way unless there was a Week 11 violation.

Week 13 and later will result in immediate removal from the league.

4/13/2020 4:10 am
PMs have been sent to all owners with a link to this post. I sincerely hope I don't have to kick anyone out, please stop using this exploit.

By jabillups85
4/13/2020 8:41 am
Cleveland's depth chart has been updated.

By Dash
4/13/2020 4:23 pm
So this is just the front 4 correct? i have SS and CB's as wings and gunners..is that ok?

By CrazyRazor
4/14/2020 12:10 am
Dash wrote:
So this is just the front 4 correct? i have SS and CB's as wings and gunners..is that ok?

If they're lined up on the wings, they can still get to the punter.

4/14/2020 4:49 am
Dash wrote:

Gunners are fine, wings are not.

By Dash
4/14/2020 10:59 am
Duly noted and changed!

4/15/2020 3:31 am
CrazyRazor wrote:
Dash wrote:

If they're lined up on the wings, they can still get to the punter.

The 2 guys on the wings still come from the gunner list. I was always under the impression the exploit was the front 4. We need to make this distinction ASAP. I'm halfway through the game logs and so far I have found 1 team with a SS on the front 4 but several teams with a speedy guy on the wing(s).

BTW the 1 team with the SS in the front 4 has been sent another PM, reminding him that is a violation in and of itself.

4/15/2020 3:48 am
I didn't check every play but I did check 1 punt return formation on film from every team. I found a second team technically in violation but I didn't send them a PM yet. The team I did contact is using a SS with 89 speed, the team I didn't is using a SS with 77 speed.

I'm all for banning punt blocks, but where do I draw the line? Do I send the team with the 77 speed SS a PM asking him to remove him? What if the team I did PM doesn't take the 89 speed SS out? Do I boot him on the spot after Week 12 or do I wait for that guy to actually block a punt?

I need you guys to tell me where to draw the line because if I'm going to boot people, they need to know where the point of no return is.