The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Good Game (GG) Thread

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
1/31/2020 12:04 pm
Good game Memphis, we were a bit more competitive than the World Bowl but still a loss.

By Hellbringer
1/31/2020 12:12 pm
Gg Florida. Totally shut down my run game

By Smirt211
1/31/2020 12:30 pm
I'm not pissed off at you like that. #respect

I'll toss you a PM.

1/31/2020 1:17 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
Great game, Max. Nice chess match and you held me down, viciously.

*tilts head at next opponent: kicks up dust, snorts fire*

It's an important game for conference seeding and our division races. We have 8 teams with 5+ wins fighting for 6 spots. Good luck.

1/31/2020 1:18 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
Smirt211 wrote:
Great game, Max. Nice chess match and you held me down, viciously.

*tilts head at next opponent: kicks up dust, snorts fire*

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting on a response to my PM asking what it is I did to **** you off.

In case anyone is wondering, we're all good.

By Smirt211
1/31/2020 1:20 pm
Good luck to you, as well. :) This league and Champions are the two most difficult ones I'm in competitively and GM based wise. I'd have to pull them up side by side but I believe this league has quite the battered up divisions (close, most teams dinged with losses)

1/31/2020 1:33 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
Good luck to you, as well. :) This league and Champions are the two most difficult ones I'm in competitively and GM based wise. I'd have to pull them up side by side but I believe this league has quite the battered up divisions (close, most teams dinged with losses)

Champions is a bit tougher, given that every single week we have to face a fellow championship GM. This league is up there though, we've had several different champions and only 2 perfect 19-0 seasons out of 14. Our playoffs this year will be a Battle Royale in both conferences.

By Cjfred68
1/31/2020 2:08 pm
Champions was created to be hard but Tribewriter and now Greg have done a great job making this a fantastic league deep in history, competitiveness and content.

I was lucky to win a title here because I've had to take a long view here to keep my team competive in the long run. The best leagues are the ones where you can manage your roster with the Longview in mind...taking one step back in the short term to gain 2 steps forward in subsequent seasons.

2/03/2020 9:08 am
Good game Smirt, if you told me beforehand that you would have 371 yards and go 8 for 18 on 3rd down, I would have said "how much did we lose by?". Corey True is probably the best WR New Jersey has ever had, though we still can't beat Memphis or Houston with him.

Good luck the rest of the season.

By Smirt211
2/03/2020 10:31 am
You played awesome....I have a bit of the True portion figured out. Elite player and I tilted the scales a bit by coming off that play, however, I'm set with my season's strategy. Only way to be successful in this game is to run with something and stick with it.

Ima have to dig in and figure it out because I f*cked myself in a way.