The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Trade Opinion

I was asked to review the recent trade between Detroit and Michigan, link in the comments. Should the trade be allowed?

Yes
No

Re: Trade Opinion

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
11/17/2019 9:03 am
https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/forums/1/1386?page=1#7995

11/17/2019 2:45 pm
If voting no, please leave a comment as to why so if I do overturn it I can give reasons.

11/17/2019 3:07 pm
We USED to have a trade committee but we lost 2/3 of it when Tribewriter and Pernbronze left. I asked for replacements and had exactly zero interest, so I'm the committee. I'm not comfortable making a unilateral decision in this case, hence the poll.

Please Vote Today before the next sim.

By AlexanDragon
11/17/2019 3:16 pm
Should be reversed. There's way better players he could get from a nice draft pick. A FB with that kind of speed is useless. I'd turn him into an OLine and then the trade would be okay

11/17/2019 3:38 pm
AlexanDragon wrote:
Should be reversed. There's way better players he could get from a nice draft pick. A FB with that kind of speed is useless. I'd turn him into an OLine and then the trade would be okay

I really don't want to void trades just because the price was too high. Trades should only be voided if it is collusion or if a trade damages one of the teams. I think trading away a high 2nd round pick, quite likely 2.1-2.4, for a FB on the last year of his contract is damaging enough to put this up for vote.

By Loftusranger
11/17/2019 3:44 pm
It's an odd one. It's a big price for someone who is not spectacular and I think there are better players on the trade block who he could have possibly got for a 2nd rounder or bundled up for a 2nd which would make a bigger difference.
As we are being asked, I say it's a reverse because of the price and that there was also a FB as a free agent that he could have picked up who, although older should do a similar job (I signed him so I was looking at FBs also)

By vcr5150
11/17/2019 3:57 pm
I definitely don't think there was any nefarious motives behind this trade. I agree that it isn't a very prudent one. While everyone's weights can be different - the FB has a definite shortcoming that makes a 2nd a pretty high price. Generally, I cringe at trades involving 1st & 2nd rounders - they almost always are undervalued with their trade score compared to middle-ability veterans.

Far from the worst trade ever, but not a good one.

By Mcarovil
11/17/2019 5:09 pm
I’m fine with it. 2nd RD picks can be overrated. All comes down to what Detroit’s plan is for him. I’d volunteer for the trade committee. I think I’m the 1/3 that is actually still here.

11/17/2019 5:14 pm
Looking into it deeper, when I'm not brain dead from working all night, Detroit has a **** ton of draft picks so losing a single 2nd round pick isn't that damaging.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm not going to void trades simply because someone paid too much. There is no question this is a bad trade because Detroit paid too much.

Does this trade hurt the league? Someone needs to convince me it might if I'm to void the trade.

By Wolveraider
11/17/2019 6:13 pm
I think it's too much for that FB, unless you're going to try him at OL and you're rolling the dice that it will work.

Both owners have been in MFN long enough to presumably know what they're doing....bad trades happen in rl and in MFN though....I don't think it's so outrageously bad that I would void...that could turn out to be a slippery slope.