The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Completed Trade: Detroit Wheels and Michigan Panthers

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
11/17/2019 6:41 am
Detroit Wheels sends:
1987 Round 2

Michigan Panthers sends:
Rickey Wright (FB)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Detroit Wheels and Michigan Panthers

11/17/2019 7:43 am
At first glance this seems like just a trade where one side paid too much, but upon further review, I don't like it.

This is a bad trade IMO, but not just because it's a FB. I can see why Detroit would trade away draft picks since they are up against the cap, but with that being said, how can you justify giving up likely pick 2.1 for a FB on the last year of his contract? Do you even have the cap room to extend him?

I worked all night and I should be getting breakfast together so I can go to sleep and watch football later but instead I'm dealing with some **** trade. Thanks.

I need to see an explanation today or I might just reverse this.

By Cjfred68
11/17/2019 3:43 pm
It's a bad trade....seen worse

By OffensiveTaco
11/17/2019 4:04 pm
The player Ricky Wright, drafted out of Michigan State in the late fourth round a few years ago, has progressed quite nicely! However, even due to his progression, he is a player who is limited only to the fullback role on the playing field! Having said that, with his 59 acceleration and 47 speed, even prior to progression, I don’t believe he’s worth, a second round pick!

By Smirt211
11/17/2019 4:49 pm
If it was a first rounder, I'd say no way.

It really comes down to 75 strength vs. 90+ strength. I could justify it if the player had a more dynamic, potent one dimension. However, since it lacks the packed punched it's basically where you going with this vs. retaining the 2nd rounder. I'm ok either way.

1st rounder I'd say nix it immediately.

By CrimsonWolfZ
11/17/2019 4:55 pm
I agree it's a bad trade, but it was Birmingham's 2nd for the 1987 season not Detroit's. Meaning instead of a early 2nd it's most likely will be a very late 2nd.
Last edited at 11/17/2019 4:55 pm

By Smirt211
11/17/2019 4:56 pm
BTW, my comments assume a 6-year re-sign and doesn't factor in the 1 year deal.

11/17/2019 5:09 pm
CrimsonWolfZ wrote:
I agree it's a bad trade, but it was Birmingham's 2nd for the 1987 season not Detroit's. Meaning instead of a early 2nd it's most likely will be a very late 2nd.

Then why doesn't the trade say 1987 Round 2 (Birmingham)? I had to go to Michigan's home page to see the Birmingham part. One other thing I didn't factor in is how many draft picks Detroit has. They have a bunch of picks in 1987 so this trade isn't as damaging as I first thought.

So far, most of the reasons I see for overturning is people think the price is too high. It is too high, that's not debatable but also not enough to overturn.