The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Trade Opinion

I was asked to review the recent trade between Detroit and Michigan, link in the comments. Should the trade be allowed?

Yes
No

Re: Trade Opinion

By CrazyRazor
11/17/2019 8:03 pm
The team that got the player already had 2 FB's on the roster. There's absolutely no need for a third FB. A 2nd Rd pick is way too high regardless of trade value.

By Hellbringer
11/17/2019 8:25 pm
I sat on the offer for several days before accepting it. To me, the 2nd round pick is going to be a low pick, basically a high 3rd.

By pdoug20
11/18/2019 12:03 am
I was part of the earlier trade committee that dealt with odd trades like this one, and most of the time we let them go through. But there were the occasional odd ones that didn't necessarily pass the smell test for me, so I voted for a reversal. This is one of those trades that doesn't pass that test for me. Unless the player being traded made so much progress that he would've been worth a 2nd-rounder, it just screams lopsided to me.

By Smirt211
11/18/2019 9:24 am
I voted 'yes' and equaled it out, which I saw after voting.

Basically, with trades you want to protect the league from gifted CB #1, elite MLB or the 95/95 speed WR types that can overwhelm a sim all on their own for wins.

Those entities need to cost a GM, a lot to attain.

Edit: a 2nd round pick guarantees the receiving GM doesn't nab a Top 10 1st rounder which gets the above player types. Basically, that trade needs to be trapped off from a 1st rounder and it was.

Last edited at 11/18/2019 9:26 am

By bgedgerly
11/18/2019 9:50 am
I voted yes, because even if the pick is 2.1 I wouldn't bat an eye at someone using that pick to draft that FB. I've drafted stat-heavy FBs high several times, and it seems to work out pretty well.

But the main reason that I voted yes is because I don't think that it disrupts league balance.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
11/18/2019 10:27 am
The biggest reason I read for voiding the trade is that the price was too high/FB not good enough for a 2nd. While that is true, it's not league shattering. I'm not the Better Business Bureau, making sure everyone gets a fair deal, because if that is my role, where do I draw the line? Do I step in when someone makes a bad FA signing? Do I step in when someone makes a bad draft pick?

IGNORE THE TRADE METER

I think that was the problem here, the FB had a 680 trade score, so Detroit made the offer to match the score with a draft pick. The trade meter can be a guide, but it is broken and should not be used as the main point of negotiations. When you do, **** trades like this happen.

The trade went through, the vote is nearly split, 13-12 to allow it so I consider this the end of this discussion. If anyone wants to further discuss trade stuff, we can start a new thread, I'm closing this one.