The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Trade Opinion

I was asked to review the recent trade between Detroit and Michigan, link in the comments. Should the trade be allowed?

Yes
No

Re: Trade Opinion

By Infinity on Trial
11/17/2019 6:22 pm
I voted to overturn because it's a bad, unfair trade. However, I won't be disappointed if it stands because it's not like either owner is good enough to be accused of fleecing a nube.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
11/17/2019 6:35 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:
I voted to overturn because it's a bad, unfair trade. However, I won't be disappointed if it stands because it's not like either owner is good enough to be accused of fleecing a nube.

I agree it's a bad trade, but can you explain why you think it's unfair? I'm not trying to argue but I'm not sure that it is an unfair trade. I need convincing, i.e. reasons, not just for this trade but future ones as well.

I want to overturn unfair trades, not bad ones.

By Infinity on Trial
11/17/2019 6:36 pm
Unfair because a 2nd round pick has far more value than a slow FB

11/17/2019 6:48 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:

That falls under "the price is too high". To me, an unfair trade is one which causes harm to a team and/or the league. What harm is caused by this trade? Detroit still has 15 draft picks and the FB Michigan gets isn't going to push them over the top.

There is no doubt this trade is BAD but I have yet to be convinced this trade hurts the league.

By Mcarovil
11/17/2019 7:01 pm
That’s not very nice.
Infinity on Trial wrote:

By Infinity on Trial
11/17/2019 7:20 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
Infinity on Trial wrote:

That falls under "the price is too high". To me, an unfair trade is one which causes harm to a team and/or the league. What harm is caused by this trade? Detroit still has 15 draft picks and the FB Michigan gets isn't going to push them over the top.

There is no doubt this trade is BAD but I have yet to be convinced this trade hurts the league.

If the prevailing team were a contender, it would be unfair. A second rounder can get you a difference maker, like a speedy LB who can take away a TE, or an OL who will pad your rushing stats. You can find adequate, one dimensional FBs on the FA scrap heap. In that sense, the team basically gifted a 2nd round pick.

It's certainly not the worst thing I've seen, and I have no emotional stake in the outcome, but that's why I voted the way I did. I'll respect whatever decision you make.

By Infinity on Trial
11/17/2019 7:21 pm
Mcarovil wrote:
That’s not very nice.
Infinity on Trial wrote:

You're right, but it's also why I'm not concerned with the outcome here.

11/17/2019 7:34 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:
I'll respect whatever decision you make.

It's not just my decision, hence the poll. There are several layers to this trade and while it's obviously a bad trade, I wanted the league's opinion as to how bad before I proceed.

I appreciate all of the votes and replies on such short notice, and on an NFL Sunday to boot, you guys are awesome. In a poll like this, I don't have a set number of votes I'm looking for, but generally I'd have to see at least a 2-1 ratio to overturn, preferably closer to 3-1.

Right now it's close to even.

By hectorg93
11/17/2019 7:46 pm
When is the last day you can veto the trade? I would at least like to hear both sides before placing my vote.

11/17/2019 8:01 pm
hectorg93 wrote:
When is the last day you can veto the trade? I would at least like to hear both sides before placing my vote.

The question isn't the last day I can but the last day I will. For this trade and any future ones, the goal is to resolve it before the next sim, but we had all day/night to resolve this one. There may be a future case that doesn't come to light until right before the sim, which means I'll try to resolve it before the next one after that.

There are a lot of things that come into play after voiding a trade, one of which the traded player is livid with his owner for being traded, but he's back with that team anyway.