League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1983 Season

By CoachNorm
5/17/2019 2:11 pm
I absolutely was not throwing the game and I apologize if any teams in playoff contention were affected by this. I assumed the previous owner would at least have a backup QB signed as that is something obvious to me but I guess not to other managers. I auto set my depth chart with this in mind and have been up loading game-plans that have worked for me in other leagues that I am in just trying to get a feel for this team before the off-season. Again I apologize and there was nothing malicious about it. I'm the kind of guy who would rather play spoiler and beat a good team rather than throw games to get a lower draft pick.
Last edited at 5/17/2019 2:11 pm

By ToroTex
5/17/2019 7:46 pm
Kababmaster wrote:
GG Gunslingers.

After doing some heavy reading about 4.5 over the weekend I went for some huge game plan & Rule changes.

Well, I'd say it worked...and how...

By pdoug20
5/17/2019 11:12 pm
pdoug20 wrote:
This just in... THE BOSTON BREAKERS ARE WINLESS NO MORE!! Nope, pigs are not flying- I checked the skies myself- they really DID win!! Is a winning streak on the horizon?? Tune in next week and find out!!

It's been a frustrating season for the Breakers, so I've got no problem poking fun at myself when the tables finally turn my direction!! lol

Hey hey, whaddya say?? THE BOSTON BREAKERS HAVE A WINNING STREAK!! TWO GAMES... and counting?? The suspense builds (dun dun dunnnnnn)... Tune in next week- same bat time, same bat channel!!

By Chandyo
5/19/2019 7:35 pm
Glad the Stars could help you get the streak started!!! :D

By tribewriter
5/19/2019 8:19 pm
pdoug20 wrote:
pdoug20 wrote:
This just in... THE BOSTON BREAKERS ARE WINLESS NO MORE!! Nope, pigs are not flying- I checked the skies myself- they really DID win!! Is a winning streak on the horizon?? Tune in next week and find out!!

It's been a frustrating season for the Breakers, so I've got no problem poking fun at myself when the tables finally turn my direction!! lol

Hey hey, whaddya say?? THE BOSTON BREAKERS HAVE A WINNING STREAK!! TWO GAMES... and counting?? The suspense builds (dun dun dunnnnnn)... Tune in next week- same bat time, same bat channel!!

First time Boston has won back-to-back games in the same season since 1978.

By Pernbronze
5/20/2019 3:24 am
GG Invaders, meaningless but thrilling ot game

By Kababmaster
5/20/2019 8:33 am
The good heavens of it all !!!!!!!!!

I had a choice as our league was spinning, and also coming to the end of downloading the season finale of Game of Thrones....both kicked in at the same time (no joke). My thoughts were...well I'm going up against a 13-1 team....and my guys need some work....Game of Thrones for me !!!!!

I ended up coming back to the keyboard a bit tearful, then decided to watch the game...yeah, we got a **** good result there.....and then realized we were not in the playoff hunt anymore...and wept like a nun on a honda 50 LOL

Highs & Lows...such is life.

GG Generals (sorry for the expansion pack)

By Duval
5/20/2019 9:08 am
well..gg

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
5/20/2019 11:26 am
Kababmaster wrote:
The good heavens of it all !!!!!!!!!

I had a choice as our league was spinning, and also coming to the end of downloading the season finale of Game of Thrones....both kicked in at the same time (no joke). My thoughts were...well I'm going up against a 13-1 team....and my guys need some work....Game of Thrones for me !!!!!

I ended up coming back to the keyboard a bit tearful, then decided to watch the game...yeah, we got a **** good result there.....and then realized we were not in the playoff hunt anymore...and wept like a nun on a honda 50 LOL

Highs & Lows...such is life.

GG Generals (sorry for the expansion pack)

Good game Memphis. Worst game of the year for the Generals on the scoreboard and training room. Good thing for us we'll have a bye week soon.

By trslick
5/20/2019 3:52 pm
GG San Jose