League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1983 Season

By tribewriter
5/15/2019 9:27 am
Duval wrote:
Kababmaster wrote:
GG Outlaws...although it is massively tarnished when you start your SS @ QB. :'(

[Edit] And I was wondering how my pass D was so efficient during the game...Happy to get the win, just disappointing that it is tarnished by your choices when there are some better QB's on the FA market.

This would fall under an "expectation to compete" rule. Sometimes that means having to cut players to sign someone out of FA to fill a spot. I have to do that right now for a center for a game or two. It's not that egregious and I'm not making a big deal, this is just the first time something like this was pointed out.

On a side note RB Michael Pierce might hit the waiver. Don't let the terrible overall fool you, the guy put up massive numbers over a 100 attempts last season for me filling in for injured horses, he's just not seeing the field as much this season with better guys in front staying healthier. super solid guy to have at rb4.

I have sent a PM to CoachNorm about this and am awaiting his reply.

By vcr5150
5/15/2019 12:19 pm
CrazyRazor wrote:
GG vcr5150. It's disappointing to think that 2 teams from my Division could make the playoffs.

Yes, good game. It boiled down to my 1 big play was better than your big play.

By tribewriter
5/15/2019 1:50 pm
tribewriter wrote:
Duval wrote:
Kababmaster wrote:
GG Outlaws...although it is massively tarnished when you start your SS @ QB. :'(

[Edit] And I was wondering how my pass D was so efficient during the game...Happy to get the win, just disappointing that it is tarnished by your choices when there are some better QB's on the FA market.

This would fall under an "expectation to compete" rule. Sometimes that means having to cut players to sign someone out of FA to fill a spot. I have to do that right now for a center for a game or two. It's not that egregious and I'm not making a big deal, this is just the first time something like this was pointed out.

On a side note RB Michael Pierce might hit the waiver. Don't let the terrible overall fool you, the guy put up massive numbers over a 100 attempts last season for me filling in for injured horses, he's just not seeing the field as much this season with better guys in front staying healthier. super solid guy to have at rb4.

I have sent a PM to CoachNorm about this and am awaiting his reply.

I just heard from CoachNorm and he had a viable explanation for what happened. I don't believe this was a "tanking" tactic, just a depth chart error.

Part of the blame lies on the previous coach, who played the entire season with one QB ... never a good idea. I told him about it several times and he acknowledged it but never addressed it.

By trslick
5/15/2019 2:27 pm
GG Oakland

By greyghost1225
5/15/2019 4:28 pm
cyclonelomax wrote:
GG Ghost

Gg cyclone, you are just a couple of players away, nice job.

By Kababmaster
5/15/2019 7:13 pm
tribewriter wrote:

Part of the blame lies on the previous coach, who played the entire season with one QB ... never a good idea. I told him about it several times and he acknowledged it but never addressed it.

Please tell me I'm right to bring it to the fore ?

My team won 28-0. The WC hunt is VERY close, I just wanted this flagged for genuine purposes, it is not fair in a close race to the playoffs this late.

By tribewriter
5/15/2019 7:19 pm
Kababmaster wrote:
tribewriter wrote:

Please tell me I'm right to bring it to the fore ?

My team won 28-0. The WC hunt is VERY close, I just wanted this flagged for genuine purposes, it is not fair in a close race to the playoffs this late.

Yes, you were absolutely right to report this. I am glad this was not, from what I can tell, planned malfeasance on the part of the current coach.
Last edited at 5/15/2019 7:20 pm

By punisher
5/15/2019 7:33 pm
tribewriter wrote:

Yes, you were absolutely right to report this. I am glad this was not, from what I can tell, planned malfeasance on the part of the current coach.

And thats why i wish this ( https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/community/5/5620?page=1 ) or this ( https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/forums/6/1501?page=1#9083 ) would happen because sure you are glad that it was not planned by the new coach BUT still it is still unfair because now the teams behind the team that got the benefit it regardless of it was a mistake or preplanned have to make it for that 1 game by winning 2 games to maybe just get back into the playoff race.

By greyghost1225
5/15/2019 7:59 pm
The same thing happened in paydirt last season with a kicker issue, once I played the team and saw it. I reported immediately. I knew every team in my division had to play that team and they were not going to be as fortunate as I was. That team with the kicker went on to win 9 straight and beat every other team in my division. It wasn’t my mistake and I didn’t care if any other team complained or not.

By greyghost1225
5/15/2019 8:03 pm
I have been in other leagues with coach norm and can say without a doubt it was an oversight. He is one of the stronger competitors in mfn.