League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

1983 Season

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
4/10/2019 1:18 pm
Good game commish, idk what's wrong with Ric Flair. Every time he plays he turns the ball over too much. He was drafted to be Labelle's eventual replacement but he might have to settle for being part of a RBBC. He has played better as a RB than QB.

Worst uniforms I've ever seen btw.

Re: 1983 Season

By AlexanDragon
4/10/2019 4:38 pm
Good practice stars

By tribewriter
4/10/2019 8:30 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:

The Sun uniforms, like all the USFL and WFL franchises in this league, are as close to historically accurate as I could make them. Right down to the PMS color codes.

Yes, they really wore those things.

As for the game, four turnovers vs. zero accounted for the score, but New Jersey dominated the overall play, as you would expect.
Last edited at 4/10/2019 8:31 pm

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
4/11/2019 3:51 am
tribewriter wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:

The Sun uniforms, like all the USFL and WFL franchises in this league, are as close to historically accurate as I could make them. Right down to the PMS color codes.

As for the game, four turnovers vs. zero accounted for the score, but New Jersey dominated the overall play, as you would expect.

I just hardly ever face the Sun, and I'm not quite old enough to remember the WFL so those unis were a shock.

By tribewriter
4/13/2019 6:06 am
raidergreg69 wrote:
tribewriter wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:

I just hardly ever face the Sun, and I'm not quite old enough to remember the WFL so those unis were a shock.

Those uniforms were not a great idea. Neither was the World Football League in general. Here is a blog post about those unis:
http://nflfootballjournal.blogspot.com/2016/05/wfls-southern-california-suns-color.html

By trslick
4/13/2019 12:20 pm
Good practice Stars!

By Duval
4/14/2019 11:01 am
GG guys, sry i missed the first week

By trslick
4/15/2019 10:17 am
Good practice Florida!

By PrivateSnowflake
4/17/2019 6:14 am
'Boats had a pretty good opening game. San Antonio (Toro) has 22 players with less than 5 years experience, I'll take these wins now bc it looks like he's going to have a really good roster.

By tribewriter
4/17/2019 8:02 am
Guys, until things let up at work, I am going to have to limit my blog posts. I will jot down a few thoughts from Week 1 here:

* The Houston Gamblers picked 15-year veteran William Trombly over rookie phenom Tony Dean to start the opener and Trombly threw for 373 yards and four TDs in a 51-14 rout of Boston. I have a special affection for Trombly because I took him in the 18th round of the league's original allocation draft and he led the Florida Blazers to a victory in World Bowl I.

* Washington QB Joe Richardson and WR Allen Boyer connected six times for 298 yards and three TDs as the Federals edged the Charlotte Hornets, 39-37. Charlotte scored 27 points in the fourth quarter, but Richardson fired a 48-yard pass to WR John Sanders (on a PA Fullback Flat) to set up John Bazile's game-winning 39-yard field goal as time expired.

* One score that immediately stood out to me was Denver 32, Honolulu 3. I mean, the Hawaiians were 13-3 last year. Denver threw three interceptions and still won going away. I have always thought the Gold were a sleeping giant, sitting there with $65 million in the bank to spend on free agents when AlexanDragon decides to pounce.

* Another score that stood out was San Jose 51, Georgia 7. The SaberCats have been quietly accumulating young talent for a while—30 players with five years of pro experience or fewer. Maybe they are ready to pounce too.

* I have read in several places that the number of turnovers in V0.4.5 seems way high. In Week 1 of the USFL, the teams averaged exactly 4 turnovers per game. In the 2018 NFL season, the teams averaged 2.72 turnovers per game. So the USFL average was about 47 percent higher, which is quite a bit. The Baltimore Stars and Orlando Renegades combined for eight turnovers, the highest of any Week 1 game.

* This is the 10th consecutive season we have begun with 32 human owners. Thanks for sticking around, guys.