League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

WE are the champions, my friends

By tribewriter
3/09/2019 6:07 am
I saw another league doing this and decided it would be a good thing for the USFL/WFL to help further strengthen a sense of community here.

If you are playing in the championship game of another league, please post it here. It will give the rest of us an opportunity to watch the game, cheer for your team, congratulate you on a great season, and demonstrate the really terrific quality of coaches in our league.

Re: WE are the champions, my friends

By tribewriter
3/09/2019 6:15 am
I'll start, LOL.

My team in the Having Fun League, the Cincinnati Bengals, just edged the New York Giants, 10=9, in the championship game. The Giants are coached by our own amalric7 (Georgia Force).

I realize winning a first-year Rosters Only league involves very little coaching skill and a lot of the luck of the roll. This proved especially true on the last play of the game, when the Giants kicker was wide right on a 50-yard field goal attempt after having made kicks of 52 and 53 yards earlier.

The best thing about this is that the Bengals are the youngest team I have ever drafted. Only five of the 53 players had more than 5 years of pro experience.

This league:
https://having-funmyfootballnowcom.myfootballnow.com/

By Pernbronze
3/14/2019 11:23 pm
My B1s are in the galactic football syndicate championship. They boast the top offense and a top 5 defense. I've had them a championship contender for several seasons.

By Loftusranger
3/15/2019 6:33 am
My Colts are in the Championship game in the High Octane League against Smirt211 no less. Both sides 12-4 in the regular season but his Atlanta side looked a bit more impressive in their Conference game. Good luck.
Last edited at 3/15/2019 6:33 am

By Smirt211
3/15/2019 6:57 am
Drat. I looked here before going to that league.

Good luck, man. :)

By Loftusranger
3/15/2019 7:32 am
Sorry mate, didn't think.
First thing I checked this morning was the Conference game and with the time difference it was a few hours ago.
Last edited at 3/15/2019 7:34 am

By Smirt211
3/15/2019 7:35 am
It's all good. :) I should have hit that game first for viewing and yeah, the game was pretty much drama free which surprised me. Thought that if we won it'd be heart-stopping and a down to the wire scenario.

By AlexanDragon
3/15/2019 4:41 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
It's all good. :) I should have hit that game first for viewing and yeah, the game was pretty much drama free which surprised me. Thought that if we won it'd be heart-stopping and a down to the wire scenario.

Its just karma since you spoiled me like three times hahaha

By Pernbronze
3/16/2019 4:02 pm
My B1s won 13-9.

By tribewriter
3/16/2019 5:34 pm
Congrats, pern, on being the champion of the universe.