The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1982 Good Game Thread

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
3/22/2019 3:04 am
Good game greyghost, I kind of expected a low scoring game, especially after I typed this "ever since we lost to Portland my team has destroyed everything in it's path" after last game. Pretty good team you have, we saw up close why the Voodoo got the other playoff bye.

I hate to boil games down to one play, especially one in the 2nd quarter but that was a huge PI call against Anthony Munoz, negating his INT deep in my territory. I was about to type that's a guaranteed 3 points, then I remembered your kicker missed a chipshot to start the 4th quarter.

Both teams had opportunities wasted, both defenses ruled the day. Glad I checked the score first before watching, that would have been a stressful 4th quarter.

Great job turning the Voodoo around so quickly. Your team will be one of the favorites to take over our conference when my window slams shut. Generals are due for their first ever retirements, but there is business to attend to first.

By Hellbringer
3/22/2019 7:28 am
Great game Houston. It was sloppy with the turnovers, and it was close. I'm very proud of this Panther team. Kudos to you Seth for turning around a regular bottom feeder into a champion caliber team. Good luck in the big game!

By tribewriter
3/22/2019 7:35 am
Hellbringer wrote:
Great game Houston. It was sloppy with the turnovers, and it was close. I'm very proud of this Panther team. Kudos to you Seth for turning around a regular bottom feeder into a champion caliber team. Good luck in the big game!

It was a shame anybody had to lose this game. Michigan had the lead and the ball with 49 seconds to go and Houston out of time outs. Then Jerry Ruiz decided to throw one more pass.

By Hellbringer
3/22/2019 7:43 am
tribewriter wrote:

It was a shame anybody had to lose this game. Michigan had the lead and the ball with 49 seconds to go and Houston out of time outs. Then Jerry Ruiz decided to throw one more pass.

Someone has to write some more rules

By greyghost1225
3/22/2019 12:22 pm
gg Raidergreg, I thought if it was low scoring at least I would have a chance, which was the case. If I was going to lose, glad it was the Generals, I can accept that. Good luck in the championship I will be rooting for you.

3/25/2019 12:42 am
Good luck Seth, got my Generals about as ready for this game as they can be. I'm a little worried about my offense's lack of familiarity with your main defensive plays, and about your offense in general. Your offense has been a little lackluster in the playoffs so far, but they've done just enough to get you here. I noticed Memphis and Michigan threw some Cover 2 at you, maybe that's why? I don't know, and we don't play Cover 2 in New Jersey anyway and I'm not switching up my defense now. Just hoping your prolific offense struggles one more game.

Speaking of Cover 2, my offense has no clue. I'm turning up the running game, try to move the chains slowly and keep your offense on the sidelines, maybe soften up your banged up DL.

If it works, I see the Generals winning 19-16. If not, then 34-13 Houston.

3/25/2019 1:20 am
Good game Seth, 3rd down killed me both sides of the ball.

By Pernbronze
3/25/2019 5:15 am
Congratulations Setherick

By trslick
3/25/2019 11:11 am
Congrats to Houston!

By Jaybo911
3/26/2019 5:03 am
Congrats to Houston