The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1982 Good Game Thread

By Smirt211
3/11/2019 7:56 am
Well, this game has definitely transformed into hot garbage.

By trslick
3/11/2019 10:51 am
GG Baltimore

By Mcarovil
3/11/2019 10:53 am
when I GP we lose. When I dont GP we win. Maybe its just me?

Smirt211 wrote:

By greyghost1225
3/11/2019 10:58 am
Mcarovil wrote:
when I GP we lose. When I dont GP we win. Maybe its just me?

Smirt211 wrote:

your probably right :)

By Smirt211
3/11/2019 10:58 am
...and as I thought and remembered you're a serious baller/elite GM. 4 titles in the NFL League is all I need to know.

Yeah, you're not crazy. AI has been strengthened as individualized, highly successful offensive strategies have been taken to BETA for analysis and implosion. :(

Thus, net result it all plays closer to the medium line of AI and how TPTB want the game played.

By greyghost1225
3/11/2019 11:02 am
Smirt211 wrote:
...and as I thought and remembered you're a serious baller/elite GM. 4 titles in the NFL League is all I need to know.

Yeah, you're not crazy. AI has been strengthened as individualized, highly successful offensive strategies have been taken to BETA for analysis and implosion. :(

Thus, net result it all plays closer to the medium line of AI and how TPTB want the game played.

I can't speak for everyone, but I don't use rules in my game planning. I set my game plans up against the opponent not the A.I. It seems to be working for me, I don't know. It is either that or I have finally figured out the weights.

By Duval
3/11/2019 12:04 pm
greyghost1225 wrote:
Smirt211 wrote:

I can't speak for everyone, but I don't use rules in my game planning. I set my game plans up against the opponent not the A.I. It seems to be working for me, I don't know. It is either that or I have finally figured out the weights.

Are you saying you're changing you whole game plan each week? I'm asking cause for me its a little difficult to know how often plays are gonna be called until I see it each week and I make adjustments..

By greyghost1225
3/11/2019 12:31 pm
Duval wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:
Smirt211 wrote:

Are you saying you're changing you whole game plan each week? I'm asking cause for me its a little difficult to know how often plays are gonna be called until I see it each week and I make adjustments..

There are parts of my game plan that never changes, but I adapt the rest to the team I am playing against. For example some teams pass more than others, so why would I focus on stopping the run against a passing team and vice versa. It is impossible to know exactly which plays are going to be used, so my game play is based more on situations. What a team will do on 2nd and long, or 3rd and short, etc. The two major changes I have made in every league is the player weights, which is important. If an owner doesn't have the right player in a certain position it doesn't matter which play is called, it doesn't give the desired results. The 2nd is play choice, once again it is important to have the right players in the positions when calling a play, for example if I don't have a scrambling QB it probably isn't a good idea to have a rollout play called or if I don't have a FB that has good receiving abilities than I probably wouldn't call a FB pass play. If the team I am playing blitzes alot, then I will set my game plan accordingly to combat that. My process is a little more time consuming, but I am here for fun, there is no rush. I hope this answered your question. :)
Last edited at 3/11/2019 12:41 pm

By Duval
3/11/2019 1:07 pm
greyghost1225 wrote:
Duval wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:
Smirt211 wrote:

There are parts of my game plan that never changes, but I adapt the rest to the team I am playing against. For example some teams pass more than others, so why would I focus on stopping the run against a passing team and vice versa. It is impossible to know exactly which plays are going to be used, so my game play is based more on situations. What a team will do on 2nd and long, or 3rd and short, etc. The two major changes I have made in every league is the player weights, which is important. If an owner doesn't have the right player in a certain position it doesn't matter which play is called, it doesn't give the desired results. The 2nd is play choice, once again it is important to have the right players in the positions when calling a play, for example if I don't have a scrambling QB it probably isn't a good idea to have a rollout play called or if I don't have a FB that has good receiving abilities than I probably wouldn't call a FB pass play. If the team I am playing blitzes alot, then I will set my game plan accordingly to combat that. My process is a little more time consuming, but I am here for fun, there is no rush. I hope this answered your question. :)

Yeah ty, the time it takes to make those changes is what I'm concerned about. I started last Jan and I didn't put much into rules or week by week game planning, I've started getting more into that over the last few months. I totally agree with having the right players in the right position, I change players positions often especially during the first few years. One thing I would like to see is a better stamina/endurance feature. I know you can set overrides and I do, but it would be nice if that feature was easier to use and set game by game..

By Duval
3/11/2019 1:09 pm
trslick wrote:
GG Baltimore

GG my dood, that was almost the dagger that'll have me watching the bowl from the couch. I think I can still get in with a win and a bandits/stallions loss..

So there is a chance!!!