The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: New Blog Post, Jan. 19: 1982 Offseason Roundup

By AlexanDragon
1/19/2019 4:14 pm
I knew i couldnt be the only one

By tribewriter
1/19/2019 6:52 pm
Mcarovil wrote:
What was the difference in guaranteed money?

I just saw the contract. Yeah. That’s a bunch of BS. In that case you can throw a max contract out there and void it after one year. I learned something new too

We don't know what the difference was in guaranteed money; only UKRAIN could tell us. In any case, I am sure he was offering bonus money of more than $17K per season.

By Pernbronze
1/19/2019 7:01 pm
This actually rarely works and requires being cap savvy. While yes it let's them be cut it can also require you to cut them from how much you have to pay them without much bonus. It's a salary cap double edged sword that requires a great deal of foresight. How often do we end up with 90m in cap space?
Last edited at 1/19/2019 7:02 pm

By Mcarovil
1/19/2019 7:05 pm
How you figure? If the game no longer favors guaranteed money, then you can offer max contracts with minimal bonus and be safe if a player retires or you want to cut them. It’s a no risk signing.

Pernbronze wrote:
This actually rarely works and requires being cap savvy. While yes it let's them be cut it can also require you to cut them from how much you have to pay them without much bonus. It's a salary cap double edged sword that requires a great deal of foresight. How often do we end up with 90m in cap space?

By setherick
1/19/2019 7:35 pm
Does anyone know if you can front load bonus money on contracts yet? I was going to try it this FA period, but I didn't have time to play with it.

By AlexanDragon
1/19/2019 7:39 pm
setherick wrote:
Does anyone know if you can front load bonus money on contracts yet? I was going to try it this FA period, but I didn't have time to play with it.

Front load??

By setherick
1/19/2019 7:39 pm
AlexanDragon wrote:
setherick wrote:

Front load??

Basically I want a contract that looks like this:

Year 1: 5m contract / 15m bonus
Year 2: 15m contract / 100K bonus

By AlexanDragon
1/19/2019 7:48 pm
I can't see any way you could do it.
In the contract window you can only change the years, the guaranteed money over those years and the salary for any years.

By setherick
1/19/2019 7:51 pm
That's what I remembered, but I haven't tried to do fancy contracts for a while.

By Pernbronze
1/19/2019 9:48 pm
Mcarovil wrote:
How you figure? If the game no longer favors guaranteed money, then you can offer max contracts with minimal bonus and be safe if a player retires or you want to cut them. It’s a no risk signing.

Pernbronze wrote:

It still heavily favors guaranteed money. You have to give a lot more money in order for them to pick your less guaranteed contract than more which puts a lot of strain on your salary cap and may force you to choose to cut them or not be able to sign other free agents you need. It has pros and cons.