The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1980 Training Camp

By CrazyRazor
9/12/2018 9:22 pm

The Washington Federals put teams on notice last season that they were tired of being the bottom-dwellers in their division and conference. With this draft they took a big step forward in their quest to continue the climb to the top. These four guys should help solidify a weak defense and add some speed as well.

By Mcarovil
9/13/2018 11:47 am
We are happy that our early picks are making the 53. OL are so boring though.

By Mcarovil
9/13/2018 11:50 am
You know, to each their own. If I’m drafting a high vol guy earlier I’m most likely to take one with high attributes that can’t go down. Like speed. If they bust, at least they will provide some value. QBs and OL with a lot of blue are always tough to take early but what do I know. Just an opinion.

tribewriter wrote:

So my first-round pick QB busts harder than any other player in the first round (minus-19). His accuracy will never exceed 45. So, I am going to cut him and take an $8 million salary cap hit next season.

I know some of you routinely take high-vol players with early first-round picks, but I question the long-term logic of that strategy. I know this is the last time for me. This mistake is really going to set back the Georgia Force rebuilding timetable.

By Wolveraider
9/13/2018 7:55 pm
#66 William Sawyers RG R 1/-1 40/73
#76 William Kohler LT R 3/-2 40/73
#61 Jaime McCauley C R 7/2 36/79
#79 Jared Grubb LT R 6/0 34/61
#31 Billy Baldwin RB R 11/-1 42/65

After the draft is over...do you ever look at a pick or picks and wonder what exactly you were thinking? That's how I feel about my first rounder (Sawyers)...guess I got hung up on volatility...that said....with a 0 vol. he is descending and my 3rd rounder with the highest vol. of the draft 88 is the only one that ascended.

Did someone say drafting OL is boring....it is. lol

By Mcarovil
9/13/2018 8:18 pm
Sometimes VOL is a good thing. Some people get hung up on a higher VOL player having a greater chance to bust. The probability to bust has zero to do with VOL. VOL is just an indicator as to how much a increase or decrease most likely will happen. ****, I’ve had 70 plus VOL guys move about 2 pts. Then there is Booger and his player VOL
Last edited at 9/13/2018 8:19 pm

By AlexanDragon
9/13/2018 9:29 pm
6 bust
1 boom.
Ill never be able to get denver anywhere ... Never had a good draft. Yet still have to make risky picks if i want to get denver somewhere lol

By tribewriter
9/14/2018 1:21 pm
The Washington Federals put teams on notice last season that they were tired of being the bottom-dwellers in their division and conference. With this draft they took a big step forward in their quest to continue the climb to the top. These four guys should help solidify a weak defense and add some speed as well.[/quote]

Hey, Otterpop, you've been put on notice! You heard it here first! I think the Baltimore Stars are loading up for a run at you as well.

By RoyceR
9/20/2018 1:30 am
So everything I read says once a player starts down they don't come back. I had 1 player start down and now back to even.

By AlexanDragon
9/20/2018 1:35 am
RoyceR wrote:
So everything I read says once a player starts down they don't come back. I had 1 player start down and now back to even.

Maybe his weitgh changed and got his overall up

By RoyceR
9/20/2018 7:02 am
I havent changed my weights if thats what you mean?