The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Out of Position Players

Should players be allowed to play out of position?

Yes, always
No
Only for injury replacement

Re: Out of Position Players

By Cjfred68
6/22/2020 9:14 pm
If we can't beat Seth then good for him....he needs another 10 titles to catch up to Infinity anyway!

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
6/23/2020 4:57 am
To be clear, I am looking for overwhelming support to change a rule, at least a 2:1 ratio.

By AlexanDragon
6/23/2020 6:26 am
raidergreg69 wrote:
To be clear, I am looking for overwhelming support to change a rule, at least a 2:1 ratio.

What is exactly the out of position details? Wr-rb kind of swap or wr-db kind of swap?

By setherick
6/23/2020 7:15 am
raidergreg69 wrote:

I don't think it's going to happen.

To be clear, there are some good reasons to play players out of position in this version of the code because of how badly SP vs SP interactions are mangled.

For instance, one of the key ways to beat the 221 long passes is to override the MLB blitzer with a fast DB who can disrupt the play before the QB can get off the pass. The reason that you need the override is because your LB, even McKeon SP/AC combo, is too slow to get to the QB. And you should override the person covering the RB out of the backfield too. Otherwise that person is way too slow to cover the RB and, boom!, long gain after long gain.

If you look at the highest passing yardage offenses, they are mostly using the same limited playbook: Hitch, PA Fullback Flat, HB Flare, 221 Long Passes, and a small collection of 212 Medium passes that send the RB underneath. All of those offenses rely on having a faster (SP + AC) RB and WR2 than their opponents have cover people.

The effective way to stop those offenses is to play players "out of position" in that you want to override the cover guy on the RB to make sure you have a DB with adequate SP covering on passing downs. Otherwise, you're relying on the "slow player will jump the passing route" technique, which is inconsistent and gets burned badly when it doesn't work.

6/23/2020 7:37 am
AlexanDragon wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:

What is exactly the out of position details? Wr-rb kind of swap or wr-db kind of swap?

No details needed, it's all players.

6/23/2020 7:59 am
I'm locking this thread after this post, I've wasted enough time on this subject. There are some in this league, myself included, that do not like the amount of sacks McKeon has. It's utterly ridiculous. Just as ridiculous as the number of issues plaguing this game that still aren't fixed.

When those issues rear their ugly head, league administrators get PMs from pissed off GMs wondering what they're gonna do about it. Now I could make a rule for just the one player, but that's not fair. As soon as I do, that will open up Pandora's box.

It's clear from the voting so far that we're not going to have a 2 to 1 majority, it's 4-4 with 1 yes for injury purposes. We have 3 pages of varying opinions and only 9 votes, so I'm done with this.

Once again, JDB leaves us holding the bag for the **** the game gives us and I'm fed up with worrying about stuff.