The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

1986 Hall of Fame Ballot Link

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
12/26/2019 6:03 am
https://mfnusflwfl.blogspot.com/p/1986-hall-of-fame-ballot.html

As of now, this is a work in progress. Tribewriter had bios ready for guys already on the ballot, and I have finished the QB's added in 1986. I am in the middle of adding RB's and the blog will be updated as I finish each position group.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CVT6JPG

Here is the link to the survey/ballot.

List of nominees with links to their stat page:

Quarterbacks

Daniel McKee
Chester Dougherty
Tony Smith
Mario Valencia

RB/WR/KR

Curtis Scott
Jerry Roux
James Connelly

Running Backs

John Murray
Joseph Ring
James Haigh
Jose Medina (also a TE)

Offensive Line

Charles Bukowski
James Smith
Kenneth Kurtz

Wide Receivers

Marshall Gibson
Gerard Hall
Robert Zapata
Cory Robinzine
Albert Smith

Tight Ends

Leroy Selmon

Punter

Sam Savage

Kicker

Tommie Prather

Defensive Lineman

James Tolentino
Elton Engler
Joe Braatz

Linebackers

John Cintron
James Kelley
Jeff Melton
Anthony Munoz

Defensive Backs

Kerry Justin
Albert Welsh
Bradley Martinez
Mike Williams
Carlos Turner
Brent Sylvain
John Basel
John Borkowski
James Jones

Re: 1986 Hall of Fame Ballot Link

12/26/2019 7:37 am
I'm done with all offensive players and kickers. Taking a break before I tackle the defensive players we added to the ballot.

12/26/2019 10:22 am
The ballot is finished and ready to go, everyone should have received a PM from me with the links. A few people had already voted and we had a couple more already this morning.

As the vote stands now, we'll have a class of one but several players are 50% or more.

12/26/2019 3:43 pm
We might have to review this process and tweak it as only 2 players are even >50%. I wanted the HOF to be difficult to get into but not impossible. Maybe there are too many names on the ballot?

By Smirt211
12/26/2019 4:13 pm
What's the % for Hall of Fame?

I went through it and there's many whom should go in. I'd look for the natural cut off of definite should go ins vs. a more uncertain area and push those through. There's a few clear cuts in there. 1 or 2 only going in would be insane.

By Smirt211
12/26/2019 4:15 pm
Just riffing and not looking at the write-ups....in QBs alone Valencia is a shoe-in. That's before you get into any other position.

12/26/2019 4:16 pm
It's 75%, which means only Valencia would get in now. We modeled it after the real HOF, sort of as we don't do preliminary ballots to get down to 10 finalists. I would hesitate to ask for everyone to do 2 surveys on HOF, but I feel something different should be done.

Robinzine should make it, Mike Williams, Anthony Munoz, and probably a couple more.

12/26/2019 4:19 pm
I will say, if we're going to err in voting, at least we're erring this way. I'd much rather only put 1 or 2 in every year vs 5-7 or more.

By Smirt211
12/26/2019 4:22 pm
Murray and Borkowski. Stuff like this: 1st all time rushing TD's, 2nd all time total TD's and the other guy with never missing a game and most tackles of any player ever. There's some distinctive stuff on this ballot.

By Smirt211
12/26/2019 4:23 pm
I think this ballot settles in nicely at 4-5.