The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

1987 Offseason

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
12/20/2019 4:10 pm
If you haven't registered for 1987 and plan to continue playing, please renew your teams. If anyone forgets, I can waive the 30 day waiting period and get you your team back no problem.

We will have some open teams for the first time in a long time if we don't get some new blood. I'm pushing our league in the forums but people just aren't trying to join at this time. If anyone knows someone looking for a team, send them this way please.

Everybody usually does a great job signing their free agents, but I'll remind everyone anyway. Sign any pending free agents you wish to keep before the end of season spin.

Re: 1987 Offseason

By Infinity on Trial
12/20/2019 11:05 pm
I may regret this, but I plan to let 19 contracts expire. They are holdovers from the massive overhaul when I took over the team. It helps to have 15 picks in the draft and a lot of cap space, but play knowledge will be a concern next year.

12/21/2019 5:18 am
Almost full again. I had one person PM me about Georgia after they were taken, and I literally just replied back to him so we'll see if he'll take the Sun.

I'm letting the USFL all time sack leader James Lockette walk, I was thinking he might retire. Had 3 retire, but not him, I guess he wants to add to his sack total somewhere. It could be back here in Jersey, we'll see.

By Infinity on Trial
12/21/2019 9:47 am
Whoa, my 54-year-old first-year HC retired!

By buenoboss11
12/21/2019 7:24 pm
everybody is really old

all must be on the TB12 plan :)

By AlexanDragon
12/22/2019 7:46 pm
I wanted Dustin Nichols to retire... Guess he will fly some footballs somewhere else for the first time in his *cough* hall of fame *cough* career!

By Infinity on Trial
12/22/2019 7:50 pm
AlexanDragon wrote:
I wanted Dustin Nichols to retire... Guess he will fly some footballs somewhere else for the first time in his *cough* hall of fame *cough* career!

I'm hoping to sign a future HOFer to be my QB2 for a third straight year.

By AlexanDragon
12/22/2019 7:53 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:
AlexanDragon wrote:

I'm hoping to sign a future HOFer to be my QB2 for a third straight year.

Nichols is a fit then. I'd rather see him get a starting position tho. You know, to rack up even more stats.

By Infinity on Trial
12/22/2019 8:00 pm
Assuming CrazyRazor hangs on to Richardson, it looks like Richardson will own the all-time yards and TD records.

1/04/2020 7:34 am
I just checked my schedule and if the 1986 divisional rankings hold true in 1987, the winner of the East might be lucky to be 9-7. Not only does my East division play the Southwest (Memphis, Houston, Oklahoma, San Antonio), we also play the South (Birmingham, New Orleans, Georgia and Shreveport. I also get to play Washington and Florida, yay.