The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1986 Season

By trslick
12/11/2019 10:24 am
GG SaberCats

By hectorg93
12/11/2019 12:37 pm
Does anyone have an idea why we can't start setting up our draft board once the season starts? I always feel like i'm in rush to have my board setup for the whole draft in the day or two that we get.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
12/11/2019 12:47 pm
hectorg93 wrote:
Does anyone have an idea why we can't start setting up our draft board once the season starts? I always feel like i'm in rush to have my board setup for the whole draft in the day or two that we get.

Do you mean once the season ends? When the new season starts, the War Room appears and you can set up your draft board, though I'm always doing it last minute anyway.

You can sort of set up your draft board now, you just have to save your work since we don't have a War Room yet. The 1987 draft class is available now.

As to why we don't get the War Room until the new season? That would be a question for JDB.

By hectorg93
12/11/2019 12:58 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
hectorg93 wrote:

Do you mean once the season ends? When the new season starts, the War Room appears and you can set up your draft board, though I'm always doing it last minute anyway.

You can sort of set up your draft board now, you just have to save your work since we don't have a War Room yet. The 1987 draft class is available now.

As to why we don't get the War Room until the new season? That would be a question for JDB.

Yeah I was wondering why once the regular season ends the war room isn't open. I mean technically you can start setting up but that's too much of a pain to kind of do the draft board twice. Thanks for the response Greg. I'm surprised no one has about this before. LOL

12/11/2019 4:17 pm
Congratulations to the teams that made the playoffs and good luck in the offseason to those who didn't.

Random Notes from 1986

* Nice to see Southern California finally make the playoffs after 13 seasons
* Arizona gets their 2nd ever division title
* Memphis has just the 2nd 16-0 season in league history. Only other team to do it was the 1977 Detroit Wheels (eyeballll) and they completed a 19-0 season winning World Bowl IV.
* Oklahoma improved by 8 wins going 9-7 after a 1-15 1985. Could have been a bigger improvement if they weren't saddled with 4 seemingly automatic losses (2 each vs Memphis/Houston)
* Michigan won their last 4 in a row to avoid having a sub .500 division winner
* National Conference was kind of boring, with New Jersey and Florida clinching so early and all the usual suspects making the playoffs
_________________________________________________________________________________

Statistical Notes

* Houston QB Tony Dean had another MVP type season, leading the league in passing yards and TD's while only being sacked 4 times
* Baltimore QB Jon Snow and Memphis QB David Allen have something to say about that as both had very similar statistical seasons as Dean. Snow had a better TD/INT ratio and Allen had a better YPA and QBR
* On the flip side, Tampa QB Melvin Driggers threw 31 INT's while Charlotte QB Jeremy McDonald had a 3/25 TD/INT ratio
* Washington's Joe Richardson was sacked a league high 30 times

* This was our league's top 3 rushers, separated by just 37 yards
* Cory Martin of Washington was the only rusher to get double digit TD's with 10 (calling him a rusher because he is listed as a WR)

* Two WR with 20 TD's, Willie Howland continues his likely HOF career
* League wide, we had 9 kickoff return TD's and 2 punt return TD's
* Washington PK John Bazile is the likely All Pro K again, making 47/50 FG's, 10 more than any other kicker
* 3 of the top 5 sack artists were Washington Federals, DT Fred Hall the only one in double digits (10) as sacks are not as prevalent as previous years.
* Tampa Bay CB Mark Rogers had 146 tackles, 22 more than anyone else
* Memphis CB Antonio Tinsley had 11 INT to lead the league
* New Jersey CB Bob Marley continues to intercept passes at a historic rate. I have only looked at the first page of all time leading INT's, but Marley has 40 career INT on just 338 passes thrown his way

By CrimsonWolfZ
12/11/2019 10:53 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:
Jesus. He really made the most of the opportunity. I should rest my starters more often.

Lol wow you gave my team the beating of a lifetime

By Hellbringer
12/13/2019 4:59 am
GG Houston. I have no idea how we pulled that off.

By Cjfred68
12/13/2019 7:31 am
Hellbringer wrote:
GG Houston. I have no idea how we pulled that off.

Good job....any given friday.....now go make a nice run!

12/13/2019 9:25 am
Good game Smirt, without Bob Marley's INT and subsequent TD pass it's likely a different outcome. Without turnovers, we aren't going to get very far going forward, our offense isn't explosive enough. Best of luck in the offseason.

12/13/2019 9:37 am
Upset specials all around Wildcard Weekend and we'll have a new champion. Michigan and Baltimore were double digit underdogs while my Generals were 4 point underdogs. Southern California won their first ever playoff game and they were the only victorious favorite.

If we have an upset in the divisional round, I would say it would most likely be Baltimore over Washington. They're familiar division foes so anything could happen, and they split their 2 games this season. Second most likely upset would be New Jersey over Birmingham since they played an OT game earlier this season, but in last years playoffs, the Generals lost to the Stallions by 60. Yes, sixty points.

Michigan took down the 2 time defending champs so they have a shot at knocking off Memphis, while Southern California's defense has only allowed 9.75 points per game the last 8 games so they're capable of beating Arizona.