The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1984 Draft

By Cjfred68
6/06/2019 9:33 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
Cjfred68 wrote:
The only reason sacks are lower is because most owners have gone away from calling long pass plays. Everything is underneath, or quick short routes.

Throw 20 deep ***** the next game and watch the return of the sack

https://die-hard-fans.myfootballnow.com/box/2454

San Francisco had 25 sacks in this game. TWENTY FIVE!!! This is from the current season of Die Hard Fans League.

About 20 of them came from the PA rollout play that has the QB leave the pocket and run straight into a sack.....its a broken play that I havent seen anyone use in a long time.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
6/06/2019 9:35 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:
Cjfred68 wrote:
The only reason sacks are lower is because most owners have gone away from calling long pass plays. Everything is underneath, or quick short routes.

San Francisco had 25 sacks in this game. TWENTY FIVE!!! This is from the current season of Die Hard Fans League.

About 20 of them came from the PA rollout play that has the QB leave the pocket and run straight into a sack.....its a broken play that I havent seen anyone use in a long time.

I didn't look that deep into it then or now. Pretty sure he took that play out because the rematch was normal.

By eyeballll
6/06/2019 10:51 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:

I will partially agree with that. It is A reason, yes, but not the only reason. QB's are reacting differently... they are throwing the ball when before they would just stand there and get hit. But part of it is the new reality that throwing the ball downfield doesn't work...

By Duval
6/07/2019 10:45 am
Cjfred68 wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:
Cjfred68 wrote:

About 20 of them came from the PA rollout play that has the QB leave the pocket and run straight into a sack.....its a broken play that I haven't seen anyone use in a long time.

This GM called the Singleback Normal PA Rollout 21 times and was sacked on all but 1 of them.. I'd say that's obvious tanking but it was week 5 and I checked a few games after that and the play was taken out of the game plan. It's not an impossible play just very risky.. you really need a superhuman RT and a lighting fast QB... even still it's 50/50 on the sack but if the tackle holds the block.. the WR1 can usually get past the CB and you can hit him in stride for the TD. I actually run it a few times here and there in Paydirt with success this current season.
Last edited at 6/07/2019 10:45 am