The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1984 Draft

By eyeballll
6/06/2019 3:40 pm
Mcarovil wrote:
I agree for sure but I’ve noticed with my teams it takes a QB 2 seasons to get the play familiarity to where he can play at a high level. The Bandits have been hard up for a legit QB so we basically had to pull the trigger.

The OL, that’s an interesting question. For us, I still look for decent PB with SP and ACC. Still see sacks against weak OL. Otherwise
Kababmaster wrote:
Hellbringer wrote:
How much value do you put in the OL with 4.5? Since they took sacks out of the game, do you just go for strong run blockers?

Strong OG's & RT (100 Run Blk, 70-80 strength) if you want to establish a solid ground game imho. Definitely not a position to be overlooked in a competitive league.

Going back to QB vs LB as a 1st pick.....I thhink QB needs to have all the pieces in place before he can blossom...whereas a LB with top attributes can step in and make an immediate impact....just my 2 cents.

Question for the Masses: In regards to DLine, yes, sacks are down (and thank you for that, it got a bit ridic...) but the pressure on the quarterback is still there. I think the QB is throwing the ball when pressured more, and that is resulting in more ints... So personally, I think the pass rush is still inportant, and good DL's are still integral. Am I crazy?

By greyghost1225
6/06/2019 3:42 pm
eye, I think you are correct at least from what I have noticed pass rushes don't get as many sacks, but do help with incompletes and interceptions.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
6/06/2019 3:59 pm
I've shifted my focus on DE's recently. I used to be concerned with just pass rush among the non-physical attributes, but now I also want run stuffers/good tacklers. Pressure does affect QB passing even if the sacks aren't there but if you ignore DL, then you risk getting run over, literally.

By Pernbronze
6/06/2019 4:01 pm
I think I remember seeing jdb saying the pressure penalty was harsher in 4.5 too. Which is why great low scramble QBs throw tons of picks.

By eyeballll
6/06/2019 4:01 pm
Truth. I've done the same thing, I've focused on speed and pass rush, then I freak out because I'm giving up 12 yd up the gut runs... Definitely paying more attention to run stop lately..

By hectorg93
6/06/2019 4:02 pm
Shhhhh don't tell people about that ;) lol

By eyeballll
6/06/2019 4:03 pm
I thought ALL the QB's were low scramble now... hahahahah!!

By Mcarovil
6/06/2019 4:08 pm
Pressures are down too but yes they play a role in the completion of passes for sure. Speed and STR are vital. I’ve seen some high attribute pass/run guys with low strength get blocked into tomorrow. I, like Greg, place much less emphasis on the pass rush and now I’m looking for strong run defense and decent PR.

By Cjfred68
6/06/2019 8:41 pm
The only reason sacks are lower is because most owners have gone away from calling long pass plays. Everything is underneath, or quick short routes.

Throw 20 deep ***** the next game and watch the return of the sack

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
6/06/2019 9:18 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:
The only reason sacks are lower is because most owners have gone away from calling long pass plays. Everything is underneath, or quick short routes.

Throw 20 deep ***** the next game and watch the return of the sack

https://die-hard-fans.myfootballnow.com/box/2454

San Francisco had 25 sacks in this game. TWENTY FIVE!!! This is from the current season of Die Hard Fans League.