League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Rule forcing GM's to use a set number of offensive & defensive plays.

By CrazyRazor
8/19/2020 2:00 am
I don't usually pay attention to this, but I noticed it this time.

I'm getting ready to play my division rival, Baltimore for the 2nd time in 3 weeks. I go to gameplan and notice that there are only five defensive plays that are used by the GM, 4343.

I have a SERIOUS problem with limited playbooks. Especially when it comes to defense. GrandadB was notorious for this in an older version of the game.

I would be satisfied, if we could establish a rule requiring GM's to use a minimum of half the plays possible on each side of the ball. [Offense would be 20/40] & [Defense would be 15/30].

Could we get this seriously discussed for next season?

Re: Rule forcing GM's to use a set number of offensive & defensive plays.

By Smirt211
8/19/2020 5:34 am
Thank you. I skimmed.

P*ssy ball is what I just encountered and it isn't even the GM's original thought. Sim engine rewards it. Good game, Setherick (for real)...it's who I played.

Please, anyone, anyone win the title but this copycat BS....as all you run.

Ok, yep, you went right to it. He's proving nothing on him or his skill level. He's pumping the two over powers and taking over the sim engine. One can come out of Man Flat OLB Zone with -75% familiarity. It's happened to me. It's proving nothing.

I'm sorry you have to face that twice in a season Crazy Razor. It'd be one thing if it was 4343's original concept but for real....you gonna copy someone and it's all you do.

The structure can't be beat because it takes on 0% risk while combo'ing with the MAN OLB Flat Zone to cover all the appropriate sets fires up the sim engine for penalty calls on both sides of the ball against you....fires up all the -% pile up as these plays get called on you. It goes on and on. It's like why we even bother setting up for the season?....all of us....effort wise.

It's crazy.

Last edited at 8/19/2020 6:16 am

By Smirt211
8/19/2020 7:13 am
It's tricky.

The MAN OLB Flat Zone onto itself can be beat. I know a play or two or I guess based on this I'll have to get madder and dig a little more in on that. But I have concepts for it. It got used on me as a 1-note, 1 defensive play defense in Champions (by Ray) and at the same time the headline GM (not 4343) caught another GM with it - leaning heavily with the play. To be fair, GDB recently played me legit and beat me for a title in Game of Thrones.

Now the combo of running MAN OLB Flat Zone and Seth's 46 Heavy play....it floods the sim engine and bombs you with negative energy (minus -) into the sim engine each time it comes up.

So you lose more and more and the person gets rewarded more and more with each play. It's just like on a wow BS level.

Now I'm not diving back in but basically that 46 Heavy Play was used as the only thing vs me in the 2-1-2, 2 RB/3WR and 1-1-3 sets and the Flat Zone flowered in around in other sets.

What happens is it takes all our hard work game planning, all our effort level and it becomes well I can sim bomb with the 2 defensive plays, get the penalty calls all to come to me as you go negative and just swing all energy my way.

It streams it down to ...funnels it to well I run these 2 defensive plays and that's all that matters.

Which to me = I don't count the win.

Last edited at 8/19/2020 7:20 am

By Infinity on Trial
8/19/2020 9:05 am
For the sake of this discussion ...

One of you has only used these plays on defense so far this season:

While running Hitch and other popular choices up to 9 times per game on offense, with few plays called more than three times per game:
Last edited at 8/19/2020 9:05 am

By Smirt211
8/19/2020 9:09 am
More plays + there's a huge difference.

There's tactical strategy to the deployment and weaknesses I have to navigate.

The two plays I listed sim bombs the engine in combination driving negative familiarity, making it impossible to move the ball. Huge difference.

(and I do this without having a database of tossing up people's plays in their face at them)

Your tracking is good - perfect, actually. It's a modern miracle I'm able to win through this intense scrutiny stat collecting so I don't feel bad that I fight as hard as I can to keep everything as taut as possible. Look what I am up against.
Last edited at 8/19/2020 9:34 am

By Smirt211
8/19/2020 9:15 am
Plus, we're dealing with my own concepts with risk vs. someone cribbing to near 100% usage of their defense w/ no risk + sim bombing to gain an even more of an advantage with no original thoughts/concepts from his own skill set.

This was once positioned as a 'display issue' - the zone defense stuff. I say no way.
Last edited at 8/19/2020 9:36 am

By Infinity on Trial
8/19/2020 10:09 am
Based on the other one's defensive plays, I guess the point is that it's OK to cheat the system by only using 3 plays half of the time:

Just not all the time. That would be too obvious.

By CrazyRazor
8/19/2020 11:07 am
Gee! Idk. How about the fact that my most used play is used half as often as his most used play.

It's not at all because the defensive matrix is established by the offense's play callling.

Be fair about it IoT. You know I'm right about this.

By CrazyRazor
8/19/2020 11:12 am
I might also add that you, IoT, are not in this league anymore. You don't have a dog in this fight. You're just trolling. Which has been a recent development by you.

By Smirt211
8/19/2020 11:24 am
It's a simplistic breakdown:

That's Crazy Razor's defensive plays?

I'll even round up, therefore, MAN Flat OLB Zone and the Seth 46 Heavy play is used 8 and 9 times a game....that's even shooting it up more than it is.

But CR allows risk:

Stunt Blitz - 9x
Crash Right - 4x

....and that's without getting into other plays.

It's really a tricky game. The more you expand out on plays within certain sets, the more you put yourself out to be screwed when you meet a 100% all-out and nothing else MLB Flat Zoner or you meet up vs. this sh**.

It's a balance and a means to be fair.

Last edited at 8/19/2020 11:27 am