The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Completed Trade: Oklahoma Outlaws and Birmingham Stallions

By Mcarovil
3/30/2019 9:15 pm
Ha ha. I love you Pern but you’ve offered me some pretty comical trades. Not that I don’t enjoy the “trade offer” email excitement

Pernbronze wrote:
Also unless a trade is dead even to me and sometimes even then, if I have the time I like to comment and offer my opinion of a trade winner and/or try to gain insight as to why so I'm mentally on par with the current theories and the values of potential trade partners.
Last edited at 3/30/2019 9:15 pm

By Pernbronze
3/30/2019 9:50 pm
Mcarovil wrote:
Ha ha. I love you Pern but you’ve offered me some pretty comical trades. Not that I don’t enjoy the “trade offer” email excitement

Pernbronze wrote:
Also unless a trade is dead even to me and sometimes even then, if I have the time I like to comment and offer my opinion of a trade winner and/or try to gain insight as to why so I'm mentally on par with the current theories and the values of potential trade partners.

Mostly because how people value stuff differs, while comical to one it's in their favor to another. Kind of the point to discussing these.

By Mcarovil
3/30/2019 10:09 pm
I guess. I still don’t know too many middle of the road teams willing to give up a 1st rd pick for 2 players that are 40% to retire but I could be wrong.
Last edited at 3/30/2019 10:10 pm

By greyghost1225
3/31/2019 12:53 am
the Only time draft picks have value is in the hands of someone that knows how to draft. Once again Houston had 20 picks this draft and won the championship. Setherick is a great owner and I respect him, but where was the discussion when he was doing it? The trade meter was working and he still managed. My point being is the trade meter has never worked, it is known. There should be a 3 person committee to review questionable trades. I think questioning and discussing minor trades is silly.
Last edited at 3/31/2019 12:57 am

By Pernbronze
3/31/2019 2:38 am
There already is review of trades.

By greyghost1225
3/31/2019 3:13 am
Pernbronze wrote:

Okay, there is your answer then, send you questions to the reviewer(s).

By tribewriter
3/31/2019 5:46 am
Pernbronze wrote:

To clarify, the trade committee only reviews a trade if a coach formally requests it here. And, if he does so, he must give an explanation as to why the trade should be vetoed.

The committee is in place primarily to prevent egregious instances of imbalance, not slight differences. Fortunately, only two trades have been overturned in 9-plus seasons.

By Duval
3/31/2019 9:51 pm
greyghost1225 wrote:
vcr5150 wrote:
I think its great discussing trades. Maybe not so much with this league, but in others with several less experienced owners - its good to point out merits and downside to trades .... as long as it is not a personal attack on one of the owners.

Somebody should tell those newbs not to trade a 1st & 3rd for a 89-rated 8th year WR with one year left on their contract right before the trade deadline when they have a 1-6 record, lol.

I agree for the most part. If a league is playing for money, every trade should be looked at, but in the case of a free game no. They are minor trades that don’t warrant the time and effort.

Is there a money league??