The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Completed Trade: Oklahoma Outlaws and Birmingham Stallions

By greyghost1225
3/28/2019 5:20 pm
The trades two trades you have complained about over the past two days fall within the trade meter.

By greyghost1225
3/28/2019 5:25 pm
How I should have said that, both trades would have fallen within the guidelines if the trade meter was turned on.

By Pernbronze
3/28/2019 5:39 pm
This one doesn't. The QB had a trade score of 95 and while old has all the skills to be an elite starter for a season. A late 6th rounder is worth like 10. The other was a 3rd round pick for a player that I would have never traded for and at best saw as worth a 5th or 6th round pick. So yeah, I'm trying to get my bearings. Both trades are opposite ends of the spectrum and I'm trying to make sense of them. I'm not saying they are infinitely far off or I'd challenge them, but I am curious on reasoning.

By Pernbronze
3/28/2019 5:44 pm
Also unless a trade is dead even to me and sometimes even then, if I have the time I like to comment and offer my opinion of a trade winner and/or try to gain insight as to why so I'm mentally on par with the current theories and the values of potential trade partners.

By greyghost1225
3/28/2019 6:12 pm
Here is an example of a team from other leagues in regards to trade values:

Team 1
33 less than 100
8 less than 10
1 over 1000 same guy is only guy over 2000

I am not sure the above will help you or not. This was pre free agency, but this team has won 2 championships and lost a 3rd. The trade meter is irrelevant except for newbies. The meter is set for a general default which goes along with general player weights. The most important aspect is player weights. I don't care what a players value is on the trade meter. If an owner has the right weights set for what he is trying to accomplish, he will win.

If you were posting questions about the trades it isn't a big deal. If I read them incorrectly, I apologize. I personally don't care what anyone thinks about my trades, good or bad. If someone has issue then take it through the process and have it overturned, but keep the opinions to whoever is giving them to themselves.

By RoyceR
3/28/2019 10:03 pm
I offered the same trade to 7 or 8 teams. I think 3 of them rejected before it got accepted. And i only sent the offer to teams that have lower than 80 rated QBs by my weights.

I had no use for him, I probably wont have a use for the crappy 6th rounder i draft. But at least I have a shot to get something.

And yes he has been on the block with 0 offers.

By Hellbringer
3/29/2019 5:14 am
The 3rd round pick was for a solid corner. Look past his ratings. His production is solid. Low catch allowed %, gets a few picks, tackles. The 2nd trade could be a salary dump?

By tribewriter
3/29/2019 5:49 am
I think Gene Nowlin would be flattered we're spending so much time talking about him.

By vcr5150
3/29/2019 12:56 pm
I think its great discussing trades. Maybe not so much with this league, but in others with several less experienced owners - its good to point out merits and downside to trades .... as long as it is not a personal attack on one of the owners.

Somebody should tell those newbs not to trade a 1st & 3rd for a 89-rated 8th year WR with one year left on their contract right before the trade deadline when they have a 1-6 record, lol.

By greyghost1225
3/29/2019 1:30 pm
vcr5150 wrote:
I think its great discussing trades. Maybe not so much with this league, but in others with several less experienced owners - its good to point out merits and downside to trades .... as long as it is not a personal attack on one of the owners.

Somebody should tell those newbs not to trade a 1st & 3rd for a 89-rated 8th year WR with one year left on their contract right before the trade deadline when they have a 1-6 record, lol.

I agree for the most part. If a league is playing for money, every trade should be looked at, but in the case of a free game no. They are minor trades that don’t warrant the time and effort.