League Forums

Main - Team News

Re: Gamblers Anonymous

By Booger926
9/13/2018 3:07 pm
Lightfoot wants Heavy Pockets

Houston starting QB James Lightfoot continued his threat of holding out until he gets the contract that he wants as he rejected the Gamblers initial offer of $15 million ($7.5 million guaranteed) over 3 seasons.

"I will not even look at a contract without a guaranteed signing bonus of $9.3 million," said Lightfoot to Brad Cast of KRAP Sports. "I am one of the most under-paid players at my position while being one of the best at my position. There was a player who was drafted in the first round for this season, showed up for training camp late, and was released without even playing one down in this league, including preseason, that is getting more than I am, and that's not right. He is sitting on his couch eating cheezy-puff and getting paid $12 million over the next 4 years while I am out on that field taking hits from people who want to take my head off.

And after looking at this year's schedule where the Gamblers face Cleveland's Zarate, Pittsburgh's Keese, Hunter, and Miles, Arizona's Smith - the league's top 5 sack leaders last season - as well as Memphis's Branch twice, I definitely have to say I am not asking for enough to cover my medical bills." said Lightfoot.

By Booger926
9/26/2018 6:45 pm
Houston Gamblers put up for sale

Houston Gamblers embroidered owner, Booger Ninetwosix, has announced that he has put the organization up for sale citing personal financial reasons. He has given the Gambler's front office, as well as its coaching staff, his approval to "do whatever is necessary" to make the business favorable for the transfer.

This is Brad Cast from KRAP signing off from this breaking news.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/27/2018 5:49 am
Embroidered owner? Is this you?

By Hellbringer
9/27/2018 7:20 pm
I would let Lightfoot walk then. I don't like his intelligence.

By tribewriter
9/27/2018 7:57 pm
As long as Lightfoot can run a Brother PE 770 embroidery machine, he will retain a place on the Houston roster (my wife has one, so I know whereof I speak).