The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1981 Playoffs

By PrivateSnowflake
1/14/2019 7:20 am
Congratulations, raidergreg! Holy cow, what a way to win a game, let alone a championship game. Awesome game between you and eyeballl, that's how a championship game should go down.

Target is squarely on raidergreg next season!

By Smirt211
1/14/2019 7:47 am
Congratulations, Greg! One of the best Title Games this site has ever seen. :)

By Duval
1/14/2019 11:14 am
Gratz!

By CrazyRazor
1/14/2019 11:48 am
Great game, guys! Congrats to the Generals on becoming Champions and congrats to the Wheels on a great season! :)

By trslick
1/14/2019 12:10 pm
Congrats New Jersey, great game!

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
1/14/2019 2:13 pm
Thanks guys, this is probably one of my 2 favorite championships with the one I won in NFL league. I've won 6 now (lost 10) but this is just the 2nd in a full or almost full league, which means more to me than winning a league with 10 or more AI owners.

Throw in the version change after week 2, then my injuries started to hit. Original starting QB, rookie Ric Flair, was benched after week 5 for too many INT's and was soon thrust into a #2 RB role, with WR Justin Timberlake #1 RB after injuries to both RB's Rudi Johnson and James Roberson.

I almost turned to last year's starter Stephan Labelle, but for some reason I picked Fluty instead. Fluty really took to version 4.4 once I settled on which plays to run. Speaking of selecting plays...geez, I have not spent so much time changing offensive plays as I have since 4.4 came out. Luckily I haven't had to change a thing on defense. I'm still not a fan of 4.4, but it's here so I had to deal with it.

As our season was rolling along, I was reading our blog posts enjoying the fact my Generals weren't in the conversation much. It bothered me slightly at first, briefly, but the longer it went on I was actually hoping to NOT be talked about. Now that it's over, talk away.

Needless to say the Generals won't be sneaking up on anyone in 1982.

By Wolveraider
1/14/2019 6:13 pm
Congratulations raidergreg on the championship!

By eyeballll
1/14/2019 6:48 pm
Wow, what a great game that was, RGreg! Like I said, I didn't expect to be there, so I really enjoyed the ride... It doesn't get much closer than that, does it?

There are some guys I never mind losing to, and you are one of those guys. You are an asset to any league you are in, always competitive and contributing to overall health and happiness of the league. The definition of a Stand-up Guy. I'm glad you're the champ, you've earned it!

As for the Wheels, we are officially in 'Rebuild Mode'. We'll be letting go of a good chunk of our aging starters and getting a little younger. It's been fun, but it'll be a while until we are near the top again...

By Jaybo911
1/14/2019 8:16 pm
Congratulations Generals!! Glad to see the championship back in the National Conference. But I'm going to be here next season to push you and myself even harder.

By setherick
1/14/2019 10:01 pm
Congrats greg!