The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1981 Playoffs

By Jaybo911
1/09/2019 8:58 pm
GG Baltimore. Sacks and fumbles really did me in.

By RoyceR
1/09/2019 10:38 pm
eyeballll wrote:
RoyceR wrote:
Gg wheels

Good game Royce.... A bit of a suprise, truth be told. The Wheels always seem to play above their heads in the playoffs...

I knew your offense was going to be extremely tough to stop. And then i didn't get an opportunity to scout you to see if any rules could help.
Very strong offensive line you must have. Seems like watching the game they held blocks really well

By Duval
1/09/2019 11:26 pm
yeah the starting 4 all had a sack, Ramsey had his best game to date, 4 sacks 5 tackles. This next match is looking really tough.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
1/11/2019 2:33 am
Duval wrote:
This next match is looking really tough.

That's exactly what I was thinking while game planning. Good game Baltimore, the final score is a bit misleading. It's easy to score the nail in the coffin taking over on downs from inside your 1. Excellent job on turning the Stars into a contender. Good luck in the offseason and the Generals will be on your schedule in 1982, so you won't have to wait long for revenge.

My reward? A date with 2 time Champion eyeballll and his Detroit Wheels. Gee thanks. Might need my own trick play to pull this one out, as a 7 point underdog. Fluty Flea Flicker?

By PrivateSnowflake
1/11/2019 7:42 am
Congratulations to eyeballl and raidergreg! I have to root for my conference, so let's go Wheels!

By Duval
1/11/2019 10:12 am
GG bro, I had a lot of issues getting in the end zone the last half of the season. I made a lot of changes like using rules for the first time this year.. Good luck in the bowl.

By eyeballll
1/13/2019 4:48 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
Duval wrote:

That's exactly what I was thinking while game planning. Good game Baltimore, the final score is a bit misleading. It's easy to score the nail in the coffin taking over on downs from inside your 1. Excellent job on turning the Stars into a contender. Good luck in the offseason and the Generals will be on your schedule in 1982, so you won't have to wait long for revenge.

My reward? A date with 2 time Champion eyeballll and his Detroit Wheels. Gee thanks. Might need my own trick play to pull this one out, as a 7 point underdog. Fluty Flea Flicker?

Good times!! Should be a fun game! I really wasn't expecting to be in the Champ Game, so nothing to lose... I have fond memories of our playoff battles in MFN65, I managed to win a few of those... I think you'll get the better of me here, your defense seems pretty unstoppable.

1/14/2019 12:42 am
eyeballll wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:
Duval wrote:

Good times!! Should be a fun game! I really wasn't expecting to be in the Champ Game, so nothing to lose... I have fond memories of our playoff battles in MFN65, I managed to win a few of those... I think you'll get the better of me here, your defense seems pretty unstoppable.

Idk about that, Honolulu hung 40 on me and your offense has scored the 3rd most points so it's not certain my defense shuts you down. Sometimes my offense doesn't get the points the yardage suggests they should have, need to cut down on penalties and make all my FG's.

Good luck, should be an exciting game.

1/14/2019 1:37 am
WOW! Great game Eyeballll! Quite the emotional roller coaster, we both had a few chances to put the game away but the other team kept punching back. Seems fitting to finally win it on a safety by James Lockette, been riding him and my defense for many seasons. I am exhausted after watching this.

Congrats on an excellent season.

By tribewriter
1/14/2019 7:01 am
Way to go, raidergreg. That was the culmination of eight seasons of hard work by one of our original coaches. Always glad to see a new helmet in the Hall of Champions too.

And, congrats to Detroit on a fine playoff run.