The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1981 Season

By Smirt211
1/02/2019 6:14 am
On a certain scale 9-6 is a sh*t record compared to 15-1, 16-0 seasons but this is probably one of the most proud things I've had in MFN in terms of making the playoffs. What a freaking battle and level of competition, though, still am kicking myself for the Magic Dragon's drubbing on us a sim week or two ago. LOL

By tribewriter
1/02/2019 6:55 am
Smirt211 wrote:
Great game, Pern. Dramatic! I thought White's injury and I'm unsure of the tackler's ratings....that it'd cost me when he was tracked down late preventing the long TD.

I know next season you'll be back to inflicting damage once again.

Hopefully the designations (e - eliminated and x - playoff bound) can be believed because that may color how I approach this last game of the season.

I would not believe those designations. They have been incorrect on multiple occasions in the past.

By Smirt211
1/02/2019 7:09 am
I know, hmm.

Perhaps, I'll do a quick search now and see how I fared this season against the 6 and 7 loss teams.

Banged up, therefore, honestly I'm about to treat this as a Playoff Week #1 Wild Card Bye Week scenario.

By PrivateSnowflake
1/02/2019 7:56 am
GG Royce. We're officially eliminated. Here's to the Outlaws keeping the championship in the right division!

My 'Boats are old. No regrets going after it one more time, though. I'll be sad to see some of these guys go.

By RoyceR
1/02/2019 9:30 am
Gg and great run you've had. I doubt I have the experience to compete with all these good coaches in the playoffs but I'll try to bring it home to the division.

You better go over the tie breakers and make sure your eliminated before you give up completely though :)
Last edited at 1/02/2019 9:31 am

By Pernbronze
1/02/2019 10:41 am
tribewriter wrote:
Smirt211 wrote:
Great game, Pern. Dramatic! I thought White's injury and I'm unsure of the tackler's ratings....that it'd cost me when he was tracked down late preventing the long TD.

I know next season you'll be back to inflicting damage once again.

Hopefully the designations (e - eliminated and x - playoff bound) can be believed because that may color how I approach this last game of the season.

I would not believe those designations. They have been incorrect on multiple occasions in the past.

Well I know I'm out, you beat me twice.

By tribewriter
1/02/2019 11:07 am
I would say Arizona has clinched the final American Conference wild card spot.

Let's assume an Arizona loss to Detroit in Week 16. Detroit gets one wild card. Let's assume Memphis and Houston both win to tie Arizona at 9-7.

Arizona eliminates Houston by virtue of its Week 5 head-to-head victory over the Gamblers. Arizona eliminates Memphis by virtue of a better conference record (6-6 vs. 5-7).

Having said all that, we have seen instances where MFN just flat-out gets it wrong. But, outside of a glitch, Arizona should be in.

https://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures
Last edited at 1/02/2019 11:07 am

By tribewriter
1/02/2019 11:15 am
The National Conference is a little more complex.

Jacksonville has clinched the Southeast Division by virtue of its two wins over Tampa Bay. New Jersey, Baltimore, Shreveport, and Philadelphia are also in. So, five of six spots are claimed.

If Georgia beats the New York Stars in Week 16, the Force claim the sixth spot. If Georgia loses, that could leave all these teams in a five-way tie at 8-8:
Georgia
NY Stars
Tampa Bay
Charlotte
Washington

In that case, we would go to the "three or more clubs" tiebreaker:
Last edited at 1/02/2019 11:19 am

By Duval
1/02/2019 11:51 am
gg maulers, i guess i rested one to many guys, meh

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
1/02/2019 12:20 pm
tribewriter wrote:
I would say Arizona has clinched the final American Conference wild card spot.

Let's assume an Arizona loss to Detroit in Week 16. Detroit gets one wild card. Let's assume Memphis and Houston both win to tie Arizona at 9-7.

Arizona eliminates Houston by virtue of its Week 5 head-to-head victory over the Gamblers. Arizona eliminates Memphis by virtue of a better conference record (6-6 vs. 5-7).

Having said all that, we have seen instances where MFN just flat-out gets it wrong. But, outside of a glitch, Arizona should be in.

3 way ties are handled differently than 2 way ties so this may or may not be correct