The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Who got the biggest...?

By tribewriter
11/19/2018 2:13 pm
One thing I do like is how JDB has changed the draft so that you will see more 100-vol guys as the draft goes along. I took 100 vol guys as a sixth- and seventh-rounder in one of my leagues and they both boomed and made the roster.

By PrivateSnowflake
11/19/2018 3:24 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
One thing to remember, 99% of the time a player's movement is linear, meaning once his ratings drop (or rise), they keep dropping (or rising).

I remember seeing somewhere that it's absolute one way or the other, no one gains, then loses and vice-versa, during the three-year growth window. Correct me if I'm wrong.

By tribewriter
11/19/2018 3:42 pm
PrivateSnowflake wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:
One thing to remember, 99% of the time a player's movement is linear, meaning once his ratings drop (or rise), they keep dropping (or rising).

I remember seeing somewhere that it's absolute one way or the other, no one gains, then loses and vice-versa, during the three-year growth window. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The only exceptions I have seen have been due to a player changing positions (dropping weight and gaining speed) or due to a change in player weights on the part of the GM.

By mwd65
11/19/2018 5:51 pm
PrivateSnowflake wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:

I have had 2 players that I remember went in opposite directions over a 2 season period, however they were not big boomers or busters. One went +2 his rookie season and -1 the second season. The second went -3 his rookie season and +1 the second season. Both stabilized and stayed the same from season 3.

By Booger926
11/26/2018 6:54 pm
tribewriter wrote:
One thing I do like is how JDB has changed the draft so that you will see more 100-vol guys as the draft goes along. I took 100 vol guys as a sixth- and seventh-rounder in one of my leagues and they both boomed and made the roster.

And why am I not surprised