The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Who got the biggest...?

By Hellbringer
11/16/2018 6:28 pm
56, only 6 on my first round pick

By greyghost1225
11/16/2018 6:37 pm
hectorg93 wrote:
76 is that good or bad still don't understand how some of the advance attributes work just the basics.

The higher has the most risk, either positive or negative.

By AlexanDragon
11/16/2018 7:54 pm
greyghost1225 wrote:
hectorg93 wrote:
76 is that good or bad still don't understand how some of the advance attributes work just the basics.

Physical attributes dont change* unless weitgh change.
Volatility is the boom/bust of positional attributes
-pass catching for wr
-pass accuracy for qb
Et cetera

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
11/17/2018 7:20 am
AlexanDragon wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:
hectorg93 wrote:

-pass catching for wr
-pass accuracy for qb
Et cetera

Volatility is one of the most misunderstood aspects of this game. It affects rookies the most, and once a player's current and future values are the same, volatility can be ignored.

For example, we have player A and player B. Both have a current ranking of 35/75 but player A has 5 volatility while player B has 88 volatility.

The first rating number, 35 in this case, refers to current rating while the 75 is that player's projected ceiling. As players age, their ratings go up or down until both numbers are the same, usually after 2-4 seasons. Then ratings stay steady until that player gets old.

Back to the example...player A has 5 volatility which means his final "peak" rating should be very close to 75. That player is considered a safe pick, since you know pretty much where his attributes will be when he's fully matured.

Player B has 88 volatility, which means his final rating could end up anywhere between 50-100. This player is very volatile and is considered a risk/reward player because there is no way to know which way he'll go.

I have some theories about which ones will boom or bust, but I still pick too many busts so I'm not going to share bad information.

One thing to remember, 99% of the time a player's movement is linear, meaning once his ratings drop (or rise), they keep dropping (or rising).

By AlexanDragon
11/17/2018 8:34 am
Cant be more precisely explained than that

By Pernbronze
11/17/2018 7:09 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
AlexanDragon wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:
hectorg93 wrote:

-pass catching for wr
-pass accuracy for qb
Et cetera

Volatility is one of the most misunderstood aspects of this game. It affects rookies the most, and once a player's current and future values are the same, volatility can be ignored.

For example, we have player A and player B. Both have a current ranking of 35/75 but player A has 5 volatility while player B has 88 volatility.

The first rating number, 35 in this case, refers to current rating while the 75 is that player's projected ceiling. As players age, their ratings go up or down until both numbers are the same, usually after 2-4 seasons. Then ratings stay steady until that player gets old.

Back to the example...player A has 5 volatility which means his final "peak" rating should be very close to 75. That player is considered a safe pick, since you know pretty much where his attributes will be when he's fully matured.

Player B has 88 volatility, which means his final rating could end up anywhere between 50-100. This player is very volatile and is considered a risk/reward player because there is no way to know which way he'll go.

I have some theories about which ones will boom or bust, but I still pick too many busts so I'm not going to share bad information.

One thing to remember, 99% of the time a player's movement is linear, meaning once his ratings drop (or rise), they keep dropping (or rising).

High vol does not mean it definitely will grow astronomically though, just more likely to. Though very rare some high vol players may gain or lose only a little. Also I've never seen a player under 50 vol do what I call a perfect boom. It's future grows as fast or faster than current therefore maxing stats. And above 50 can also though rarely result in an absolute bust. +0/-33 for example. Higher increases odds but anything above 50 can result in these massive shifts.

By AlexanDragon
11/17/2018 7:12 pm
Pernbronze wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:
AlexanDragon wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:
hectorg93 wrote:

-pass catching for wr
-pass accuracy for qb
Et cetera

High vol does not mean it definitely will grow astronomically though, just more likely to. Though very rare some high vol players may gain or lose only a little. Also I've never seen a player under 50 vol do what I call a perfect boom. It's future grows as fast or faster than current therefore maxing stats. And above 50 can also though rarely result in an absolute bust. +0/-33 for example. Higher increases odds but anything above 50 can result in these massive shifts.

Just like ive seen guys with 6 vol go minus-8 :/

By Duval
11/19/2018 11:10 am
https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/player/5107

Here an example of a 1st round pick with high vol that pretty much stood pat with rating which was a blessing. He really didnt move up or down.

By AlexanDragon
11/19/2018 12:02 pm
Duval wrote:
https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/player/5107

Here an example of a 1st round pick with high vol that pretty much stood pat with rating which was a blessing. He really didnt move up or down.

Being a montreal habs fan, anyone with gallagher as a name is sure to perform over any expectations ;) :D

By hectorg93
11/19/2018 12:12 pm
Thank you everybody for the very helpful information.