The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Roster Only Leagues

By tribewriter
8/17/2018 9:06 am
pdoug20 wrote:
Nope, not a fan either, after reading the other forum. Might not even need to vote considering the early discussions don't favor a change. Just my two cents...

I'm not going to put it to a vote unless there is a groundswell of support in favor of it ... and that does not appear to be the case.

By CrazyRazor
8/17/2018 1:13 pm
Pros:

1) The scores are closer.
2) Fewer sacks.

Cons:

1) Blitzing doesn't work.
2) Zone coverage is still worthless.
3) Short Passing is wonky. (Too many swing passes to the RB's & too many wide open drops)
4) Receivers still make spectacular catches in double & triple coverage.

In my opinion the bad terribly outweighs the good.

By tribewriter
8/17/2018 1:38 pm
CrazyRazor wrote:
Pros:

2) Fewer sacks.

Cons:

3) Short Passing is wonky. (Too many swing passes to the RB's & too many wide open drops)

CrazyRazor, how do you know all this, considering no games have been played yet in the first Rosters Only league? Are you talking about V 4.3?

By punisher
8/17/2018 3:25 pm
-----

Last edited at 8/17/2018 4:31 pm

By CrazyRazor
8/17/2018 7:37 pm
tribewriter wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:
Pros:

2) Fewer sacks.

Cons:

CrazyRazor, how do you know all this, considering no games have been played yet in the first Rosters Only league? Are you talking about V 4.3?

Yes. The League will be running V 0.4.3. That's bad enough when I can gameplan. I wouldn't dare let the AI run the plays with that **** out there. No way!

By tribewriter
8/17/2018 8:47 pm
Yes. The League will be running V 0.4.3. That's bad enough when I can gameplan. I wouldn't dare let the AI run the plays with that **** out there. No way!

I think CrazyRazor is implying double jeopardy here. First, no control over the game plan. Second, a wacky engine. These combined multiply exponentially the chances of a wacky play call and/or a wacky result.

By CrazyRazor
8/18/2018 4:33 am
tribewriter wrote:

I think CrazyRazor is implying double jeopardy here. First, no control over the game plan. Second, a wacky engine. These combined multiply exponentially the chances of a wacky play call and/or a wacky result.

I guess it could be fun.......If you like unpredictability.

By eyeballll
8/18/2018 4:32 pm
I prefer to gameplan, and I think my weakness is roster movement, but I'm definitely going to give it a try! The same few GM's always seem to dominate the gameplanning aspect, it should be interesting to see a 'new' style game...

By Booger926
8/18/2018 4:38 pm
I can lose games any style