The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 79 Good Game Thread

By Otterpop
8/23/2018 11:48 am
Mcarovil wrote:
Awesome road win Maulers. Terrible time to lay an egg for us. Your defense was dominating. Good luck the rest of the way.

Always tough to play your team, I am sure the Bandits will be back next season.

By PrivateSnowflake
8/23/2018 11:56 am
Big Poppa wrote:
GG Memphis (PrivateSnowflake). Good luck going forward.

Thanks, Poppa. Means a lot from you.

By eyeballll
8/23/2018 7:28 pm
Great game, JBillups! I gave it my best shot, got close, but the better team won! Good luck with the next 2, you're the team to beat...

By Mcarovil
8/23/2018 7:37 pm
Isn’t it funny how one team usually separates themselves from the rest in any one given season. It’s not like the top 5-7 teams drastically change but one always seems to separate. We were that team 2 yrs ago before that 2 minute meltdown in the LC.
Last edited at 8/23/2018 7:38 pm

By tribewriter
8/23/2018 7:53 pm
Mcarovil wrote:
Isn’t it funny how one team usually separates themselves from the rest in any one given season. It’s not like the top 5-7 teams drastically change but one always seems to separate. We were that team 2 yrs ago before that 2 minute meltdown in the LC.

Yes, if you don't win those winnable playoff games, you never know if you're going to get back. That's why I was pretty disgusted in NCAA2 after my team blew a 27-10 lead in the national championship game. My team might still be good most of the time, but that may have been their last chance to win a championship for a long time to come.

By Mcarovil
8/23/2018 8:27 pm
And that is the Bandits in this league. We had our 2 years and couldn’t finish. Maybe we get lucky. We will continue to flirt with it.

tribewriter wrote:
Mcarovil wrote:

Yes, if you don't win those winnable playoff games, you never know if you're going to get back. That's why I was pretty disgusted in NCAA2 after my team blew a 27-10 lead in the national championship game. My team might still be good most of the time, but that may have been their last chance to win a championship for a long time to come.

By Wolveraider
8/24/2018 2:47 am
Mcarovil wrote:
And that is the Bandits in this league. We had our 2 years and couldn’t finish. Maybe we get lucky. We will continue to flirt with it.

tribewriter wrote:
Mcarovil wrote:

Just went through the same thing with my Oakland team in Paydirt....lost two years in a row and now its looking like I missed my window of opportunity.

By jabillups85
8/24/2018 7:36 am
eyeballll wrote:
Great game, JBillups! I gave it my best shot, got close, but the better team won! Good luck with the next 2, you're the team to beat...

I am definitely feeling the pressure. Thanks guys! lol

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
8/25/2018 4:56 am
GG Pittsburgh, you ran into a buzzsaw defense and got run over by hopefully ROY Rudi Johnson. Had me a little worried early in the 4th after Rudi fumbled deep in our end and a quick TD got you within 3 TD's. I've seen too much crazy stuff in MFN to think that lead was safe at that time.

I was curious how Rudi's 195 rushing yards stacked up and it turns out he broke Bruce Fine's playoff record of 180 yards set in 1974. I imagine it looked something like this, minus the Bengals uniform of course.

By Otterpop
8/25/2018 10:23 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
GG Pittsburgh, you ran into a buzzsaw defense and got run over by hopefully ROY Rudi Johnson. Had me a little worried early in the 4th after Rudi fumbled deep in our end and a quick TD got you within 3 TD's. I've seen too much crazy stuff in MFN to think that lead was safe at that time.

I was curious how Rudi's 195 rushing yards stacked up and it turns out he broke Bruce Fine's playoff record of 180 yards set in 1974. I imagine it looked something like this, minus the Bengals uniform of course.

Good Game Raidergreg/Generals I was hoping my 3 headed monster at Running back would show up but your defense assured that it didn't.

Good Luck in the Championship Game