The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Completed Trade: Philadelphia Bell and Southern California Sun

By Pernbronze
5/01/2018 7:16 pm
Webster922 wrote:
Pernbronze wrote:
Everyone in this league knows I hate trade reviews and it has to be pretty egregious for me to request a review. As for your statement of intelligence about the game should we compare MFN league championships?

I have plenty of championships and don't need to compare them to anyone. I could care less if you have more or less than me and I'm not gonna go check either. It would be a waste of time.

Then I'd suggest not insulting the intelligence of people with 4-5 times as many championships as you without knowledge of what you are talking about.

By Webster922
5/01/2018 7:18 pm
Pernbronze wrote:
Webster922 wrote:
Pernbronze wrote:
Everyone in this league knows I hate trade reviews and it has to be pretty egregious for me to request a review. As for your statement of intelligence about the game should we compare MFN league championships?

I have plenty of championships and don't need to compare them to anyone. I could care less if you have more or less than me and I'm not gonna go check either. It would be a waste of time.

I hope I can be like you when I grow up.

Then I'd suggest not insulting the intelligence of people with 4-5 times as many championships as you without knowledge of what you are talking about.

By tribewriter
5/01/2018 7:51 pm
OK, guys, let's stop with the personal stuff. I am waiting on another member of the trade committee to weigh in, then we'll have a decision.

By tribewriter
5/01/2018 10:32 pm
By vote of the trade committee, this trade has been voided.

By Webster922
5/01/2018 10:53 pm
Since I completely disagree with this verdict, and I don't want to deal with the process in the future, I will abandon the team. I know why the trade committee was put in place but I think this decision was unnecessary.

I'm not angry or **** hurt about it; I just flat out disagree. This decision basically states these players are not worthy of being traded (even for minimum value).

I know Tribewriter will find a new owner soon. Good luck to all and maybe I'll see some of you in another league.

By AlexanDragon
5/02/2018 11:45 am
....wow!

By eyeballll
5/02/2018 4:37 pm
This is silly. I don't who voted this down, but it's a little ridiculous. I'm not trying to start any flame wars, but to me this was a complete nothing trade. It was 4 backup OL's for 2 4th round picks. It's pretty tough to get a starter with a 4th round pick. It wasn't a trade that was going to ruin a team or affect the league in any adverse way. It was harmless.

And we lost a good owner, one that was willing to take over a really challenging situation. Which sucks!

And, full disclosure, I wonder how much of this was due to Pernbronze frustration at not being able to trade with Webster...

By Pernbronze
5/02/2018 5:12 pm
eyeballll wrote:
This is silly. I don't who voted this down, but it's a little ridiculous. I'm not trying to start any flame wars, but to me this was a complete nothing trade. It was 4 backup OL's for 2 4th round picks. It's pretty tough to get a starter with a 4th round pick. It wasn't a trade that was going to ruin a team or affect the league in any adverse way. It was harmless.

And we lost a good owner, one that was willing to take over a really challenging situation. Which sucks!

And, full disclosure, I wonder how much of this was due to Pernbronze frustration at not being able to trade with Webster...

It was 4 practically useless lineman who were getting cut regardless and there were equal or better options in FA. And while yes its uncommon to land a high quality starter in the 4th its not impossible and its pretty common to land far better players than those lineman combined. Also I didn't try trading him until after he made his claims just to see if he was being honest about what he was saying.

I'm not a part of the trade committee. So my input beyond nominating the trade for review and offering my reasoning was not even a part of it.

I have 4 high quality (my weights) receivers that are practically interchangeable after Saunders. The 2 I drafted were a Glasscock a 4th rounder I project about an 80 and Cano a 5th rounder who is an 80 by my weights. Both of whom I could gladly start. My best DB Dorsey an 84 by my weights is a 4th rounder.

Of the 8 non allocation draft players on my roster 3 are 1st rounders, 1 late second rounder, 1 is a late 3rd round kicker, 2 are 4th rounders, and 1 is a 5th rounder. As for starters 2 of those are 1st rounders, the second rounder, the late 3rd round kicker and both 4th rounders (if you count slot receiver). So there is serious talent to be had late in the draft if you are willing to look, especially in the 4th, you can still land 80s even in this player talent starved league packed with active GMs.

Those 4ths have actual value, the lineman did not, which I believe is the real reason he left because he would have just cut them and the Sun could have them for free rather than a messed up trade value rating making them look more valuable than they are which we all know is inaccurate.

By eyeballll
5/02/2018 10:56 pm
I appreciate your rant, but I'm not sure how it's supposed to convince me that your frustration had nothing to do with your objecting to the trade. I plainly see that you're all fired up about it, I just don't know why. What do you care? It was 4 backups for 2 maybe-better-maybe-not-backups. Am I missing something?

At the end of the day, we lost a quality owner who was willing to take on a tough situation. If anything, THAT affects the league more than this trade ever would have.

All trades lean one way or another, I'm not saying that every trade has to be 'perfectly balanced'. My beef is that this trade didn't affect the league in a detrimental way. I don't understand what makes this trade so heinous that it had to be reversed, that's all.

By Pernbronze
5/02/2018 11:42 pm
eyeballll wrote:
I appreciate your rant, but I'm not sure how it's supposed to convince me that your frustration had nothing to do with your objecting to the trade. I plainly see that you're all fired up about it, I just don't know why. What do you care? It was 4 backups for 2 maybe-better-maybe-not-backups. Am I missing something?

At the end of the day, we lost a quality owner who was willing to take on a tough situation. If anything, THAT affects the league more than this trade ever would have.

All trades lean one way or another, I'm not saying that every trade has to be 'perfectly balanced'. My beef is that this trade didn't affect the league in a detrimental way. I don't understand what makes this trade so heinous that it had to be reversed, that's all.

Because the Sun were hurting for talent and those 4th rounders had value, while the lineman were the same quality as could be found in free agency. The Sun are likely to need those picks if they are going to get the team on track. Those lineman were going to be cut anyways. Basically it was a 100% screw over for the Sun. They were giving up useful picks for free agents basically. I have 0 problem with trades leaning one way or the other. I've long complained about over policing of trades, but taking quality picks from a struggling team based on the inflated trade value of garbage O-lineman that are about to be free agents and are only as good as the free agents already out there I got a problem with it. Is it a league wrecker, no. But it was a blatant screw over to the point that it ticks me off. He wasn't kicked out of the league or anything. He chose to leave because he wasn't allowed to do a blatant screw over and unload his inflated cuts for free picks. If it was a halfway decent player I could understand but theres not going to be much if any competition for these guys.
Last edited at 5/02/2018 11:53 pm