The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Completed Trade: Philadelphia Bell and Southern California Sun

By tribewriter
4/30/2018 12:26 pm
Philadelphia Bell sends:
Young Holcomb (RT)
Gary Osborn (C)
Thomas Smith (LG)
Christopher Morrison (C)

Southern California Sun sends:
1979 Round 4 (Southern California)
1980 Round 4 (Southern California)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Philadelphia Bell and Southern California Sun

By chermy10
4/30/2018 4:27 pm
odd.

By Pernbronze
5/01/2018 1:37 am
Agreed. I'd like to request a review of this trade on the grounds of they were not significantly better than free agents... And most should never be on a roster

By tribewriter
5/01/2018 5:37 am
Trade is under review.

By Webster922
5/01/2018 8:25 am
Hopefully trades get reviewed based on value. If so, it will be seen that I received 54% return for the 4 players that upgraded the Southern California's 2nd string.

Its ridiculous to take into consideration who is in free agency when deciding whether a trade should be valid. I've traded rather than taken from free agency hundreds of times when others may have thought there were comparable players available. Everyone's weights are different so that argument shouldn't hold weight.

By Pernbronze
5/01/2018 6:58 pm
And yet when I offer you 3 players who are major improvements to your team and depth and the trade is in your favor you reject it. You debunked your own statement. Not to mention these players were clearly getting cut, and none of them is even competent at the position. Plus its not like he had competition at the FA like what you are trying to lay claim to where you would normally trade for a player if there was a better free agent. And these players are less skilled in the important parts of the position.
Last edited at 5/01/2018 7:03 pm

By Webster922
5/01/2018 7:03 pm
I just stated that everyone's weights are different. I don't like the players you offered me and they do not improve my team based on my weights. Get a life and stop thinking you're smarter than you are.

By Webster922
5/01/2018 7:11 pm
Pernbronze wrote:
And yet when I offer you 3 players who are major improvements to your team and depth and the trade is in your favor you reject it. You debunked your own statement. Not to mention these players were clearly getting cut, and none of them is even competent at the position. Plus its not like he had competition at the FA like what you are trying to lay claim to where you would normally trade for a player if there was a better free agent. And these players are less skilled in the important parts of the position.

You’re basically saying these players are untradeable. I initiated the trade and took as little value as possible. These 4 players are upgrading the 2nd string for the Sun and I got a couple of picks rather than putting them on waivers. I’ve seen some trades that I really disagreed with over the past 3 years. This trade isn’t even close to being out of line.

By Pernbronze
5/01/2018 7:12 pm
Everyone in this league knows I hate trade reviews and it has to be pretty egregious for me to request a review. As for your statement of intelligence about the game should we compare MFN league championships?

By Webster922
5/01/2018 7:14 pm
Pernbronze wrote:
Everyone in this league knows I hate trade reviews and it has to be pretty egregious for me to request a review. As for your statement of intelligence about the game should we compare MFN league championships?

I have plenty of championships and don't need to compare them to anyone. I could care less if you have more or less than me and I'm not gonna go check either. It would be a waste of time.