The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1977 Playoffs

By Mcarovil
4/12/2018 4:40 am
Ha. Congrats to you eyeb. You guys came on like banshees in that 4th quarter. It wasn’t our day. Took a kick to the nuts in MFN-81 earlier today and then you guys gave us a second shot to the groin. That timeout we called north of the 2 min warning really came back to bite us. Enjoy the perfect season. You earned it!

By tribewriter
4/12/2018 5:55 am
I watched the game. After Detroit scored on the first play, then didn't even sniff the end zone again until midway through the fourth quarter, I thought they were done. And, when Detroit started getting defensive overuse penalties in the third quarter, I thought they were done.

But, when Tampa Bay was kicking all those field goals, something in the back of my mind told me they really needed to be getting TDs because you can't hold Detroit down for that long. And, when Detroit fumbled late in the game and Tampa Bay came away with only another field goal, I thought it might come back to haunt them.

Fantastic game. Congrats to both teams.

By Mcarovil
4/12/2018 6:23 am
Tribe nailed it. FGs won’t win you games. They usually lose them for you. It was surprising to keep Detroit bottled up most of the game. Not punching in one of those TDs cost that game. We congratulate serotonin their perfect season. Now time to get back to the offseason grind.

By eyeballll
4/12/2018 12:05 pm
Yeah, the FG's were that was one thing that kept a glimmer of home in the back of my mind... When I fumbled in my red zone, I actually said out loud, 'It's over'... Really unlikely win, and not the only close win during this streak...