The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

1977 Playoffs

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
3/31/2018 5:17 am
http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

Our 1977 playoff field is set, though seeds and 1 division are undecided. I included the tiebreakers in the link above, and looking at it helped me see why Georgia is eliminated. The Force can finish with the same 9-6-1 record as Birmingham should the Stallions lose and Georgia wins yet the Force are shown as eliminated.

Given the MFN bug in respect to playoff designations, I double checked. Since these 2 teams are from the same division, the division tiebreakers apply. First tiebreaker is H2H which favors Birmingham as they were 1-0-1 vs Georgia this season.

I won't go through the rest of it, as I'm sure that will all be covered in the next edition of the blog. I have to say though, I am proud of my team. It would have been easy to keep playing crappy when they were 2-5 but they found their head extraction tool and after removing said head from their collective rears, reeled off 8 wins in a row. I really didn't do much to change my gameplan except a few tweaks so a lot of the credit goes to the little avatar players.

Good luck to all playoff teams as we try to hoist the Championship Trophy!

Re: 1977 Playoffs

By AlexanDragon
3/31/2018 6:14 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
but they found their head extraction tool and after removing said head from their collective rears

LÖL

By Pernbronze
4/01/2018 3:46 am
raidergreg69 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

Our 1977 playoff field is set, though seeds and 1 division are undecided. I included the tiebreakers in the link above, and looking at it helped me see why Georgia is eliminated. The Force can finish with the same 9-6-1 record as Birmingham should the Stallions lose and Georgia wins yet the Force are shown as eliminated.

Given the MFN bug in respect to playoff designations, I double checked. Since these 2 teams are from the same division, the division tiebreakers apply. First tiebreaker is H2H which favors Birmingham as they were 1-0-1 vs Georgia this season.

I won't go through the rest of it, as I'm sure that will all be covered in the next edition of the blog. I have to say though, I am proud of my team. It would have been easy to keep playing crappy when they were 2-5 but they found their head extraction tool and after removing said head from their collective rears, reeled off 8 wins in a row. I really didn't do much to change my gameplan except a few tweaks so a lot of the credit goes to the little avatar players.

Good luck to all playoff teams as we try to hoist the Championship Trophy!

As good a run as your guys had my guys slammed their heads up their rears dropping their most recent 4 in a row doing their best Daunte Hall catch impressions.
Last edited at 4/01/2018 3:47 am

4/01/2018 4:08 am
You'll bounce back, your teams are always tough

Pernbronze wrote:
As good a run as your guys had my guys slammed their heads up their rears dropping their most recent 4 in a row doing their best Daunte Hall catch impressions.

By Smirt211
4/07/2018 4:53 am
Excellent game, MWD. We played to a virtual standstill and ya'll prevailed. That was an exciting chess match. Rooting for you to take home the title now. :)

4/07/2018 5:40 am
GG Tampa, not surprised I lost but I thought the Generals would at least put up a fight. Good luck the rest of the way.

By mwd65
4/07/2018 12:36 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
Excellent game, MWD. We played to a virtual standstill and ya'll prevailed. That was an exciting chess match. Rooting for you to take home the title now. :)

Thanks, Smirt!

That was a great game to watch! I agree, it was a chess match. LA could have put the game away late, but your D made some great stops, again and again. Our D got 2 big INT's late.

Going to be tough moving on. The Wheels and eyeballll are having a great season. I checked the head-to-head games... Detroit is 4-0 vs. Express... average margin of victory 20 points!

By eyeballll
4/07/2018 1:39 pm
Good game, Beltmann! I'm not sure what's going on, my team is better than I thought... that, and I got all the bounces!

By Mcarovil
4/07/2018 2:33 pm
Thanks NJ. I wasn’t expecting that. We usually play tight ones. Hoping we get a rematch in MFN 48 soon.
raidergreg69 wrote:
GG Tampa, not surprised I lost but I thought the Generals would at least put up a fight. Good luck the rest of the way.

4/07/2018 4:16 pm
I'm glad I have depth in 48, I messed up and used my week 16 depth chart when I rested some people. My stud DE's Hickey and Wilbourn barely played. I'd love another crack at you in the LC there.

Sorry to discuss another league in here but nobody talks in 48, go figure.

Mcarovil wrote:
Thanks NJ. I wasn’t expecting that. We usually play tight ones. Hoping we get a rematch in MFN 48 soon.
raidergreg69 wrote: