The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: New Blog Post, Feb. 3: Mock Draft

By tribewriter
2/04/2018 2:36 pm
AlexanDragon wrote:
I finally pick at 4th for some reason

I don't understand your statement. The first three picks went to the teams with the three worst records last season.

By Booger926
2/04/2018 2:49 pm
AlexanDragon wrote:

I had you picking 5th but didn't bother going into full-blown tie breaker procedures. Congrats on moving up. And no offense intended, but thanx for messing up my mock. I change my pick for Pastor now going to Denver and for SCS I have no idea atm.
Last edited at 2/04/2018 2:53 pm

By AlexanDragon
2/04/2018 2:51 pm
Booger926 wrote:
AlexanDragon wrote:

I had you picking 5th but didn't bother going into full-blown tie breaker procedures. Congrats on moving up.

Oh thats why! I dont even know the tie breaker rules tbh

By Booger926
2/04/2018 5:17 pm
AlexanDragon wrote:
Booger926 wrote:
AlexanDragon wrote:

I had you picking 5th but didn't bother going into full-blown tie breaker procedures. Congrats on moving up.

Oh thats why! I dont even know the tie breaker rules tbh

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

By PrivateSnowflake
2/05/2018 1:53 pm
Not going to tip my hand, but I love this!

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
2/06/2018 5:45 am
I want to start by saying I enjoyed reading this and I appreciate the work you put into it Booger.

I'm unsure of a couple things about the Generals mock. The addition of Lonnie Wooding??? He's been on the roster since the 1974 preseason. And what's wrong with Daniel Tosh, other than some of his jokes are too gross? Enough with the puke dude.

You did nail the OL, I need to upgrade guard and tackle but I would say I need a safety more than a CB and I need a #1WR.

Tbh I have yet to really look at the draft class. I'm a procrastinator by nature and despite repeatedly telling myself I'm gonna scout ahead of time, I always end up drafting by the seat of my pants. Sometime tonight I will pick 17 players that could be my 1st pick. I'm normally asleep at 1:14 pm but I'm going to try to adjust my sleep to be awake then on Wednesday.

That being said, I took a look at some of the players Booger had going after my pick. No way I'm picking a DT if Fowler or Marbury are available. I'd be tempted to take a DB, and I still might Wednesday but based on Booger's mock, I'd take an OL.

2/06/2018 5:55 am
PrivateSnowflake wrote:
Not going to tip my hand, but I love this!

"I'm not too worried about it" Mr. Kruger from Seinfeld

It's not too hard to figure out what teams might draft if one takes the time to look so I don't mind saying. Besides, all the teams picking before me have holes/needs to fill as well so if they want to draft to "stick it to me" rather than fill a need so be it.

By Loftusranger
2/08/2018 6:25 am
Booger, your time and effort is well rewarded. In terms of you got my draft pick spot on, I mean not just the position but the person, WR Clarence Scott. Picking 15th I was hoping for one of the better ranked LB's to still be available but when my shortlist dried up with the 13th pick I went with speed and hands. Volatality comes as part of the package so fingers cross on no bust as I don't want a repeat of last years draft and I don't have a 2nd round pick. Not sure what will be left in the bag by the time I get back to looking at the rookies in the 3rd.
In the meantime I doff my cap to the man with the crystal *****.

By tribewriter
2/08/2018 6:51 am
Booger almost got my pick as well. It came down to SS Blanco and SS Williams, at No. 25 and I went with Williams due to his 95 speed. Otherwise, I would have gone with Blanco, just as Booger predicted.

2/08/2018 8:03 am
raidergreg69 wrote:
No way I'm picking a DT if Fowler or Marbury are available.

It's not quite the same thing but I nailed my own pick as Marbury is Elvis Presley's given last name.