The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Interventions--feedback requested

By tribewriter
11/07/2017 8:54 am
I notified thomas_m this morning that the league will take over his team Thursday if I do not hear back from him.

By pdoug20
11/08/2017 10:20 pm
Hellbriner wrote:
I vote one team at time. I'm glad you are considering it, to keep competitive balance.

I second this. Addition by subtraction, one at a time, will set us up, as a league, to collectively benefit in the long run. Sucks that it’s come to this point, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

By tribewriter
11/09/2017 8:28 am
Of course, this guy, after losing 20 in a row, decides to abandon his team right before last night's sim. And, as soon as the sim rolls, the AI signs 10 guys to super-high contracts. As if that wasn't bad enough, he has 26 other potential free agents that I have to make decisions on. Oh well, at least I get 5 more seasons of Dave Lapham, who has given up 31 sacks so far this season.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
11/09/2017 3:52 pm
tribewriter wrote:
Of course, this guy, after losing 20 in a row, decides to abandon his team right before last night's sim. And, as soon as the sim rolls, the AI signs 10 guys to super-high contracts. As if that wasn't bad enough, he has 26 other potential free agents that I have to make decisions on. Oh well, at least I get 5 more seasons of Dave Lapham, who has given up 31 sacks so far this season.

Sounds like the former owner was reading the forums and figured he'd just leave rather than accept help.

Actually Lapham has only given up 20 sacks this season, 31 is his total when you combine 1974 and 1975. Lapham is a perfect case study proving blocking technique matters. Lap has 100 strength so that's not the problem, his pass block rating of 17 is. It's not a QB issue as his sack allowed rate is similar for his time in New Jersey and New York. In 18 games as a General he allowed 21 sacks, 1.17 per game. In his 7 games as a Star he's allowed 10 sacks or 1.43 per game.

That's a long winded way of saying maybe it's time to jumpstart Lapham's broadcasting career. Below is the picture used for his Topps USFL football card.

By Booger926
11/09/2017 6:52 pm
I would change Lapham to a heavy run blocking FB and focus on the run
When you have a Fridge blocking for a game cooler, look out
Just my opinion
Last edited at 11/09/2017 6:54 pm

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
11/09/2017 7:45 pm
Booger926 wrote:
I would change Lapham to a heavy run blocking FB and focus on the run
When you have a Fridge blocking for a game cooler, look out
Just my opinion

Might not be a bad idea except he's not able to be officially a FB. He can be put on the depth chart there, but his player card only shows the 5 OL positions.

By tribewriter
11/09/2017 8:22 pm
I am considering using overrides to take him out of passing formations.