The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Interventions--feedback requested

By tribewriter
11/06/2017 1:23 pm
During the two seasons of the USFL/WFL, I have only needed to do a few "interventions" -- that is, where I remove a coach, take over a team, get its roster back up to a competitive level, then turn it over to a new coach. In nearly every case, the team was simply being ignored by the old coach and had fallen into disrepair (hence the "new puppy" blog post).

I am considering interventions for two of our teams, the New York Stars and Memphis Showboats. I would like some feedback from our league members as to whether I should.

The Stars are the worst team in the league, and getting worse. They have made very few roster moves. Some of the moves are regrettable at best -- for instance, signing much-maligned OL Dave Lapham to a six-year contract. I am afraid that, if I don't do an intervention, no coach is his right mind will want to take over this team after thomas_m finally leaves. I have sent several PMs to him (thomas_m, not Dave Lapham), with no response.

As for Memphis, MGRIFFIN1 has responded to trade requests, but very little else. He has not responded to any of my PMs. He now runs 27 teams in different leagues. And, in the Arena League, a "new" coach named MGRIFFIN3 just took over a team, which certainly arouses suspicion. I am afraid that, with 27 teams (plus maybe some others under different user names), Memphis will also fall into disrepair.

I don't mind taking over one of these franchises. The Georgia Force seems to be in pretty good shape to turn over to the next guy. To date, we have been able to attract replacement owners pretty quickly. But, given the state of MFN these days, there are no guarantees that trend will continue.

They say a chain is only as strong as its weakest link and I am trying to prevent our league from having weak links/franchises that no coach will ever want to deal with. Am I jumping the gun or being proactive?
Last edited at 11/06/2017 1:43 pm

By Pernbronze
11/06/2017 2:55 pm
The Stars I can understand being proactive but I don't know much about Griffin and as long as you are willing to make the effort it shouldn't matter if you have a team in every league in MFN so unless he's doing confusing stuff and not causing troubles I'd say leave him be for now.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
11/06/2017 4:46 pm
LMAO @ Dave Lapham, might have better luck PMing him. He's a little busy doing radio for Bengals games, but he might give MFN a try.

Maybe just worry about 1 team at a time. Take care of the Stars first, while continue trying to reach MGRIFFIN. Once the Stars are set, move on to Memphis if need be.

By Hellbringer
11/06/2017 5:08 pm
I vote one team at time. I'm glad you are considering it, to keep competitive balance.

By ToroTex
11/06/2017 7:28 pm
I agree, one team at a time and the Stars do need immediate attention.
I suspect that the Showboats may also need some attention in the near future.

By Booger926
11/06/2017 8:34 pm
Griff is a multi that dumps and trades his high picks so his other team can get the best players.
Just track his trades and his forum participation in the 20+ leagues. Fourteen leagues in which he has not "Checked" in since week 1
the Poof is in the pudding
Enough said on that

By Booger926
11/06/2017 8:43 pm
If you "Tribe" the Stars, then you all but guarantee the Gamblers will be considered the worst team in the league, which is something I cannot personally accept considering how active I am. But if you want me to leave, then just tell me to go

By ToroTex
11/06/2017 9:20 pm
Booger926 wrote:
If you "Tribe" the Stars, then you all but guarantee the Gamblers will be considered the worst team in the league...

Seems to me that "Tribe-ing" the Showboats would be much more detrimental to you (& me).

Winning is great, won't deny that, but league parity and competition should have priority.

By tribewriter
11/06/2017 9:23 pm
Booger926 wrote:
If you "Tribe" the Stars, then you all but guarantee the Gamblers will be considered the worst team in the league, which is something I cannot personally accept considering how active I am. But if you want me to leave, then just tell me to go

Even after a tough loss, you can't deny the Gamblers have been better this time around. Your team has already knocked off the division leader and was in the playoff hunt until just this week. The Stars are well in your rear view mirror and are not closer than they appear.

By Mcarovil
11/06/2017 10:23 pm
Clean house. No body wants an inactive or nefarious owner. The sooner the better.