League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1993 Good Game Thread

By setherick
4/04/2021 7:40 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
setherick wrote:
Moses was hurt and did not play well. He doesn't deserve a mention at all. There is a reason why I've gone RBBC the past few years.

Your QB and WR will make the ballot, although Robinson isn't one of the big 3 WR, Only 2 will make it from Hsu, Glenn and Warkentin.

Hsu is clearly in. I spread the ball around too much to worry about individual awards. :)

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
4/04/2021 7:43 pm
setherick wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:
setherick wrote:
Moses was hurt and did not play well. He doesn't deserve a mention at all. There is a reason why I've gone RBBC the past few years.

Your QB and WR will make the ballot, although Robinson isn't one of the big 3 WR, Only 2 will make it from Hsu, Glenn and Warkentin.

Hsu is clearly in. I spread the ball around too much to worry about individual awards. :)

Same here. I like to keep my skill players fresh if possible and have as many talented players on the field as I can so the defense can't gear up to stop 1 guy. I don't really care about awards, I want wins but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't stoked about finally having a QB lead the league in passing yards and TDs.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
4/04/2021 8:05 pm
I'm onto the OL now and I need to explain how I pick who goes on the ballot for this position because 4/5ths of my OL made it. For all other positions I look at stats only, but there are so many good OL across the league, I need a way to streamline the process. What I do is look at the player awards section and list the 10 OL MFN says are the best, 5 from each conference. This is also how I chose the rookies, since you can sort by that.

From there, I look at the stats and choose a few guys who gave up 0 sacks, maybe 1 that weren't in MFN's list then I look at some who gave up very few tackles. That's where I am at now, about to look up those stats.

If anything, I think I tend to judge my own players harsher than everyone else's but my OL did have one heck of a season. Ferguson attempted 797 passes, getting sacked 5 times, with only 3 being credited to my blockers.

By Cjfred68
4/04/2021 8:41 pm
I always push for Tony Dean as the top QB and I still think it's a 3 man race.

Ferguson, Dean and Driggers

Ferguson led the league in passing yards (5626) and TDs (51) but threw the ball 228 more times then Dean and 193 more times then Driggers.

Dean finished 623 yards and 6 TDs behind Ferguson but had the best yards/attempt (8.79) (Ferguson 7.06) (Driggers 8.13) and passer rating (114.29) (Ferguson 100.71) (Driggers 110.47)

Driggers finished 714 passing yards and 6 TDs behind Ferguson but was 2nd in yards/attempt and passer rating.

If I'm being honest, while Dean's up there but Ferguson and Driggers went 15-1 and secured the #1 seeds while Dean choked in some big games.

I ruled out Snow because of his 32 interceptions but the winner should be Ferguson or Driggers in a close race.

By Dogboyuk75
4/05/2021 3:46 am
Gg zimmer and blazers I knew I was outgunned before game and without my best corner task was near impossible to slow your offence .I’m pleased with my performance but better team won good luck for rest of playoffs

By Hellbringer
4/05/2021 5:30 am
GG Trslick. I'm always worried which Henderson is going to show up on game day.

By trslick
4/05/2021 8:08 am
GG Panthers

By Cjfred68
4/05/2021 12:19 pm
I got lucky since I played the A.I. instead of Holly who I never beat...now I play Portland so crossing my fingers Seth quits too.

J/K

Side note: Tony Dean improves to 17-6 alltime in the playoffs

By setherick
4/05/2021 1:22 pm
Options:

1) Quit.

2) Adjust game plan.

Decisions. Decisions. Decisions.

By Cjfred68
4/07/2021 3:03 am
Well Seth didn't quit so I lost once again to him...as expected.

The only reason I was here was because Holly quit the league since I can't beat him either so I can't say I'm disappointed.