The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Please welcome tribewriter as the new owner of Memphis!

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
8/13/2020 3:06 pm
tribewriter has just joined the league as the owner of Memphis. Best of luck with your team!

Re: Please welcome tribewriter as the new owner of Memphis!

8/13/2020 3:09 pm
Welcome back!

By tribewriter
8/13/2020 3:26 pm
Thanks, raidergreg69, really glad to be back.

Just wanted to be clear, I am not coming back as commissioner or even assistant commissioner. Raidergreg is in charge and I am here to help. The blog post, Hall of Fame, All-Pro teams, website ... all of it takes time. I want to take a little bit of the load off his shoulders. Splitting the work will help both of us avoid burnout.
Last edited at 8/13/2020 3:31 pm

By pdoug20
8/13/2020 4:13 pm
Welcome back TW!!

By Dogboyuk75
8/13/2020 4:26 pm
welcome back buddy,i dont think ive had the pleasure of being in a league with you yet,but your reputation precedes you.glad you can help out a little .lets play some football

8/13/2020 4:33 pm
Dogboyuk75 wrote:
welcome back buddy,i dont think ive had the pleasure of being in a league with you yet,but your reputation precedes you.glad you can help out a little .lets play some football

This league is what it is because of TW. He did all the hard work of building this league, my job was just to not screw it up.

By Dogboyuk75
8/13/2020 4:35 pm
being very harsh on yourself buddy,i think between you and tribewriter you have built and improved one of the best leagues in the community

8/13/2020 4:39 pm
Dogboyuk75 wrote:
being very harsh on yourself buddy,i think between you and tribewriter you have built and improved one of the best leagues in the community

Not really harsh, just honest. I took over a well oiled machine I had no hand in building. My job was to keep it a well oiled machine, and despite some people putting sugar in my gas tank, this league is still a well oiled machine.

By tribewriter
8/13/2020 5:18 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
Dogboyuk75 wrote:

Not really harsh, just honest. I took over a well oiled machine I had no hand in building. My job was to keep it a well oiled machine, and despite some people putting sugar in my gas tank, this league is still a well oiled machine.

I watched the league after I left and I cannot imagine anyone doing a better job. Raidergreg kept the league full, dealt with difficult personalities and issues, and maintained the aspects of the USFL that increase engagement and make it fun. Kudos.

By tribewriter
8/13/2020 8:49 pm
After looking at this Memphis team, I have no idea what to do with it.

The depth chart makes no sense to me, which only goes to show that Infinity on Trial thinks at a much higher level than most human beings. Very few players are actually playing the position they are listed as. He had zero DT but a bunch of DE. He had one RB but five WR playing RB. The OL are all playing different OL positions than what they are listed as. No WR on defense, thank goodness.

And there are guys who have no business being on a roster, guys with 48 or 50 overall ceilings by my weights.

But yet this team is DESTROYING its opponents. So I am really reluctant to change things. I did change a couple guys to their "natural" positions, but I don't really want to make wholesale changes to a powerhouse team and look like a complete idiot if they falter.

I would much rather take over a complete rebuild and be fairly confident I can make that team better. Don't be shocked if I change teams fairly soon.