The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

New Rules for 1990 (including revised LB rule)

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
7/10/2020 12:15 pm
The McKeon rule, or LB rule is one we make up ourselves, and having different versions in various leagues could be trouble. In order to keep things simple for those in multiple leagues, we will adopt the rule used in Cjfred's leagues...

A linebacker must weigh a minimum of 255 pounds to play defensive end or if under the weight limit have a speed no greater than 80.

That's it in a nutshell for the McKeon rule.
__________________________________________________________________________________

One more rule for 1990 involves message board etiquette.

Rudeness will not be tolerated

When tribewriter created this league, he wanted a league that was friendly to newer players and a league where we all help each other out with questions and such. Somewhere along the way, we've got away from that and that stops now.

This has actually always been a rule, albeit an unwritten one, but after the "discussion" about the McKeon rule, it needs to be posted. There is a right way and a wrong way to discuss differences of opinions, and there is no doubt Infinity chose the wrong way. I'm not perfect, and I'm not the holiest of commissioners or whatever he said. I'm just a guy trying to create a fun league for all 32 teams, and a guy getting up to 10 sacks a game is only fun for one.

This anti rudeness rule is for all posts, not just those directed at me. This league and it's message board need to be like Happy Gilmore and find their happy place. Differences of opinions will still happen, and when they do, I expect everyone to act like an adult and address those differences without using words like childish. Once things devolve into name calling and snide remarks, it's hard to get anything solved.

I actually had a few people send me PMs regarding Infinity and his tirade against me, basically saying nobody would blame me if I booted him, or praising my "patience" in dealing with him. It wasn't patience though, it was the playoffs. As much as I wanted to boot Infinity at the time, the playoffs were just starting, and I didn't want to taint anyone's World Bowl win by removing a major contender.

I love the competitiveness up to a point, but at the end of the day this is just a game and not very important in the grand scheme of things. One way or another, we're going to get back to the fun aspect of this game, and we need to quit taking ourselves so seriously.

Re: New Rules for 1990 (including revised LB rule)

By jabillups85
7/10/2020 7:25 pm
I wish we had this kind of leadership in all areas of life!!

7/11/2020 3:51 am
Just to be clear about rudeness, it's not a 1 and done scenario unless you sling a racial or sexual slur at someone, or tell some one, literally, to F off. Simple acts of rudeness will be dealt with on a case by case basis, and it will take multiple infractions and/or ignoring pleas to stop for someone to lose their team.

I had one current owner send me a PM with concerns about the comments of another current owner directed at him, and I will be sending a PM to that owner shortly. That's actually a good way to handle it, rather than attack back publicly and start a keyboard war.

7/11/2020 4:01 am
I understand people can have bad days, and sometimes we don't always heed Herm Edwards advice of don't press send. When that happens, a simple apology often goes a long way.

8/11/2020 7:22 pm
I'm tired of getting push back when I try and make the game fair. I will not be enforcing these rules. Block punts, be jerks, idc anymore.

By setherick
8/11/2020 7:28 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
I'm tired of getting push back when I try and make the game fair. I will not be enforcing these rules. Block punts, be jerks, idc anymore.

I'm not putting McKeon in at DE or punt blocking anyone that agrees to play by the established rules.

8/11/2020 8:20 pm
I'm just blowing off steam because I'm sick and tired of arguing about a game.

By Infinity on Trial
8/13/2020 12:34 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:

Flagging the following comments for violation of this rule:

It's incomplete. I couldn't finish it this morning because I was too busy harassing people.

Like I said, do what you want. I am so sick and tired of arguing with people about a free game that has no prizes for winning a championship. Every time I suggest something, someone wants to **** all over me because of whatever, and I'm not putting up with it any more. So seriously, do anything you want.

Do what you want, irdgaf anymore. It's obvious winning at any cost is of the utmost importance. In fact, everyone might as well go ahead and block punts while we're at it. I'm not going to do anything about it.

8/13/2020 2:37 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:

Flagging the following comments for violation of this rule:

It's incomplete. I couldn't finish it this morning because I was too busy harassing people.

Like I said, do what you want. I am so sick and tired of arguing with people about a free game that has no prizes for winning a championship. Every time I suggest something, someone wants to **** all over me because of whatever, and I'm not putting up with it any more. So seriously, do anything you want.

Do what you want, irdgaf anymore. It's obvious winning at any cost is of the utmost importance. In fact, everyone might as well go ahead and block punts while we're at it. I'm not going to do anything about it.

Bless your heart

By CrazyRazor
8/13/2020 5:42 pm
You're a better man than I, raidergreg. I woulda booted him as soon as I finished reading.

There's a certain degree of etiquette expected and that was blatantly disrespectful.