The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Now, how to fix the McKeon "exploit"

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
7/02/2020 11:14 am
This post is only to figure out how to address this, not whether or not this IS an exploit. That discussion is here https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/forums/1/1640?page=1.

As of now, the exploit vote is 11-4 that it is, so it's time to figure out what we'll do about it.

* Seth has said if there is a rule, he'd like everyone to play their given position only. I'd be willing to go that route if it was accompanied by a reduction of the injury rate, or some other injury consideration. I'm sure I'm not the only one to use LB as a DE when injuries attack the defensive line, and absent a practice squad or expanded rosters, this rule might be too restrictive.

* Institute a speed/weight limit similar to Cjfred's rule in his leagues. A linebacker must weigh a minimum of 255 pounds to play defensive end or if under the weight limit have a speed no greater than 80.

* Some other solution I've either not read yet, or forgot about

Re: Now, how to fix the McKeon "exploit"

By CrazyRazor
7/02/2020 12:29 pm
I'm just about done with this game. That's one way to fix it.

By AlexanDragon
7/02/2020 1:03 pm
CrazyRazor wrote:
I'm just about done with this game. That's one way to fix it.

Almost hit send on a similar reply.

7/02/2020 1:38 pm
If these are the only type of responses to this, why am I even bothering?

By Dogboyuk75
7/02/2020 2:32 pm
imo i think keep all players at their positions and not to play oop unless behind all correct players of that position,we could make a min position of each type otherwise you will get guys not selecting DEs or RBS so they can play players oop.

to me its just an exploit anyay if you giving your WR 20 rushes then hes your RB :)

i do think in rookie season as players come out of college you should be able to change their position incase they are better suited.and maybe when players sign for new teams you can change positions sorta reflects different coaching staffs might see you in different roles.

so players can change position in their rookie year and everytime they change teams

oop players have got to be slotted in behind correct psoitons players in depth chart.

maybe implement minimum roster requirements eg 2 qb 2 rb 1 fb 4 wr 2 te 3ot 3 og 2 oc 3de 2 dt 6 lb 4 cb 3 s 1 k 1 p for example numbers can be tweaked.so anyone oop will be down the depth chart.and we still have 14 spots on our roster to build a different direction to other coaches

only brainstorming lads i wont be offennded if these ideas are torn to shreds

By Dogboyuk75
7/02/2020 2:42 pm
plus i think will bring more fun and a challenge to roster building

By Mcarovil
7/02/2020 4:17 pm
I could live with players playing their assigned position group, meaning DL can play all DL positions, etc.

By hollyhh2000
7/02/2020 4:37 pm
I don't see more fun, when you can't try to get more out of your team to move your best guys arond and try to find a weakness

those who are too lazy to gameplan get rewarded for their lazyness

you can limit the damage of the 46 heavy by gameplanning
you can limit the damage of the Fl Hitch by gameplanning

why the 46 heavy is such a headache while we all live with the FL Hitch which is also creating crazy stats for WR2 is beyond me

7/02/2020 5:19 pm
hollyhh2000 wrote:
I don't see more fun, when you can't try to get more out of your team to move your best guys arond and try to find a weakness

those who are too lazy to gameplan get rewarded for their lazyness

you can limit the damage of the 46 heavy by gameplanning
you can limit the damage of the Fl Hitch by gameplanning

why the 46 heavy is such a headache while we all live with the FL Hitch which is also creating crazy stats for WR2 is beyond me

The 46 heavy is not the headache, it's the undersized speed demon that's impossible to block and the ridiculous stats he generates. There are no WRs currently threatening any seasonal records, let alone breaking them in less than half a season. It's apples to oranges.

By setherick
7/02/2020 6:04 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
There are no WRs currently threatening any seasonal records, let alone breaking them in less than half a season. It's apples to oranges.

This feels like a challenge. I don't have the WR to do this, but I'm sure I can come up with the game plan.